Manu Sood, MD
Program director, GI Motility, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; associate professor, Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Gastroenterology and Nutrition
Visceral pain, Hirschsprung disease, constipation, motility disorders, pseudo-obstruction, gastroesophageal reflux.
Medical degree, Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla, India, 1987; pediatric residency, Princess Margaret Hospital, Swindon & Southampton University Hospitals Rotation, United Kingdom, 1995; Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition fellowship and Honorary Lecturer, University of Birmingham, Birmingham Children's Hospital, United Kingdom, 2000; clinical research fellow in Cystic Fibrosis, University of Manchester, United Kingdom, 1997; Pediatric Motility and Function GI Disorders post fellowship training, Children's Hospital of Orange County, California, 2001.
M.R.C.P. Royal College of Physicians, London, UK, 1994; FRCPCH, Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health, 2002.
Travel Award, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, U.S.A., 1996; Travel Award, American Motility Society, U.S.A., 2000; Stephen Dorey (Medical Student) Best Presentation Award at Manchester Pediatric Club Annual Meeting, 2002; Best Doctors in America, 2008, 2009 and 2010; Marquis Who's Who in America, 2008-2011; Muhammad Altaf (fellow) 2nd Prize Annual Fellows Research Day (Basic and Tranlational Research Category), 2009; Thomas Ciecierega (Fellow), Travel Award, American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society, Boston, 2010; Jonathan Ramprasad (Fellow), Best Abstract in Motility and Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders Category, North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Meeting, 2010.
Meet Dr. Sood and learn about the Gastroenterology Center at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin by watching the following video:
- Kaugars AS, Silverman A, Kinservik M, Heinze S, Reinemann L, Sander M, Schneider B, Sood M. Families' Perspectives on the Effect of Constipation and Fecal Incontinence on Quality of Life. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2010; 51(6):747-52.
- Sood MR, Di Lorenzo C, Hyams J, Miranda A, Simpson P, Mousa H, Nurko S. Beliefs and Attitudes of General Pediatricians and Pediatric Gastroenterologists Regarding Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders - a Survey Study. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2011, Apr 4. [Epub ahead of print].
- Tipnis NA, El-Chammas KI, Rudolph CD, Werlin SL, Sood M. Do Oral-Anal Transit Markers Predict which Children would Benefit from Colonic Manometry Studies? J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2011 Jul 4. [Epub ahead of print].
- Sood M, Mousa H, Tipnis N, Di Lorenzo C, Werlin S, Fernandez S, Liem O, Simpson P, Rudolph C. Inter-observer Variability in the Interpretation of Colon Manometry Studies in Children. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. In press.
- Venkatasubraman NM, Verbsky JW, Rudolph C, Sood M. Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis with Multi-organ Involvement in Children with Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-obstruction receiving Parenteral Nutrition Support. Jr Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. In press.
- Ramprasad J, Sood M, Takahashi T. Up-regulated Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator following Anal Stenosis in Rats. J Ped Surgery. In press.
- Study of Bone Density in Children with Cystic Fibrosis and Effect of Nutritional Status, Disease Severity, and Exercise on Bone Density, National Osteoporosis Society, principal investigator.
- Overnight Feeding in Children with Cystic Fibrosis in Pancreatic Enzymes, Cystic Fibrosis Trust, United Kingdom, principal investigator.
- Capsaicin-sensitive Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid One (TRPV1) and Tyronsine Kinase (TrkA) receptor Expression in Children with Retrosternal Pain, Children's Research Institute, principal investigator.
- Development of a Tool to Assess Health Related Quality of Life in Children with Constipation and Fecal Incontinence, Takeda Pharmaceutical Inc., principal investigator.
- Effect of Age and Gender on Activation of Brain Regions Associated with Visceral Pain in Children with Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Healthy Controls, Digestive Diseases Center, principal investigator.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Pediatric Gastroenterology Division
9000 W. Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 266-3690
Fax: (414) 266-3676
Investigator in the areas of: