Mary Dahmer, PhD
Investigator, Children's Research Institute; director of Pediatric Critical Care Research; associate professor, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Apoptosis, inflammation, lung injury, polymorphisms.
Doctorate, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1983.
NIH Predoctoral Fellowship (Cellular and Molecular Biology), 1978-1980; Michigan College Award, 1981; Rackham Predoctoral Fellowship (Cellular and Molecular Biology), 1982-1983; NIH Postdoctoral Fellowship, The University of Illinois at Chicago, 1984-1985; Individual National Research Service Award, NIH, 1986-1988.
- Patwari PP, O'Cain P, Goodman DM, Smith M, Krushkal J, Liu C, Somes G, Quasney MW, Dahmer MK. Interleukin-1 Receptor Antagonist Intron 2 VNTR Polymorphism and Respiratory Failure in Children with Community Acquired Pneumonia. Pediatric Critical Care Med. 2008; 9:553-559. PMID 18838927 (selected as a Feature Article with accompanying editorial). PMCID: PMC2760301. NIHMS: 122936.
- El Saleeby CM, Li R, Somes GW, Dahmer MK, Quasney MW, DeVincenzo JP. Surfactant Protein A2 Polymorphisms and Disease Severity in a Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infected Population. J Pediatric. 2010; 156:409-14. PMID: 19914637.
- Park SK, Amos L, Rao A, Quasney MW, Matsumura Y, Inagaki N, Dahmer MK. Identification and Characterization of a Novel ABCA3 Mutation. Physiol Genomics. 2010; 40(2):94-9. PMID: 19861431.
- Kelsey R, Alpert B, Dahmer MK, Krushkal J, Quasney MW. Beta-adrenergic Receptor Gene Polymorphisms and Cardiovascular Reactivity to Stress in Black Adolescents and Young Adults. Psychophysiology. 2010; 47:863-873. PMID: 20374546.
- Russell RA, Quasney MW, Halligan N, Li SH, Simpson P, Waterer G, Wunderink RG, Dahmer MK. Genetic Variation in MYLK and Lung Injury in Children and Adults with Community-Acquired Pneumonia. Pediatric Critical Care Med. 2010; 11:731-736. PMID: 20081554.
- Dahmer MK, O'Cain P, Patwari PP, Simpson P, Li SH, Halligan N, Quasney MW. The Influence of Genetic Variation in Surfactant Protein B on Severe Lung Injury in African American Children. Critical Care Med. 2011; 39:1138-1144. PMID: 21283003. (High impact paper selected for editorial comment, Crit Care Med.)
- Genetic Variation and Biomarkers in Children with Acute Lung Injury, National Institutes of Health, (5R01HL095410) co-investigator, principal investigator, Michael Quasney, MD, PHD.
CRI Molecular Critical Care
Translational and Biomedical Research Center
PO Box 26509
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 955-2374
Fax: (414) 266-3563
Investigator in areas of: