Mike Quasney, MD, PhD
Pediatric critical care specialist, chief of Medicine, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; professor, Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Genetics, acute lung injury, sepsis.
Medical degree, University of Illinois, Chicago, 1988; doctorate, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1985; residencies, Children's Memorial Hospital Northwestern University, Chicago, 1988-1990, and Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, 1990-1991; fellowship, Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, 1991-1994.
American Board of Pediatrics, and American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatric Critical Care Subspecialty.
Society of Critical Care Medicine Annual Scientific Award, 2008; ATS Respiratory Structure and Function Assembly Abstract Excellence Award, 2011.
- El Saleeby, CM, Li R, Somes GW, Dahmer MK, Quasney MW, DeVincenzo JP. Surfactant Protein A2 Polymorphisms and Disease Severity in a Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infected Population. Journal Pediatrics. 2010; 156:409-14. PMID: 19914637.
- Park SK, Amos L, Rao A, Quasney MW, Matsurmura Y, Inagaki N, Dahmer MK. Identification and Characterization of a Novel ABCA3 Mutation. Physiol Genomics. 2010 Jan. 8; 8;40(2):94-9. PMID: 19861431.
- Russell RA, Quasney MW, Halligan N, Li SH, Simpson P, Waterer G, Wunderink RG, Dahmer MK. Genetic Variation in MYLK and Lung Injury in Children and Adults with Community-Acquired Pneumonuia. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine. 2010. PMID: 20081554.
- Dahmer MK, O'Cain P, Patwari PP, Simpson P, Li SH, Halligan N, Quasney MW. The Influence of Genetic Variation in Surfactant Protein B on Severe Lung Injury in African American Children. Critical Care Medicine. 2011; 39:1138-1144. PMID: 21283003.
- Kelsey R, Alpert B, Dahmer MK, Krushkal J, Quasney MW. Alpha-adrenergic Receptior Gene Polymorphisms and Cardiovascular Reactivity to Stress in Black Adolescents and Young Adults, submitted to Psychophysiology.
- Turner D, Simpson P, Li SH, Scanlon M, Quasney MW. Racial Disparities in Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Admissions. Southern Medical Journal. 2011; 104:640-646. PMID: 21886083.
- Genetic Variation and Biomarkers in Children with Acute Lung Injury, National Institutes of Health/National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, principal investigator, 2009-2013.
- Genetic Variation and Biomarkers in Children with Acute Lung Injury (supplement) National Institutes of Health/National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, principal investigator, 2009-2011.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
9000 W. Wisconsin, MS 681
Milwaukee, WI 53201
Phone: (414) 266-3360
Fax: (414) 266-3563
Investigator in the areas of: