Children's Hospital of Wisconsin believes in partnerships between family members and health care professionals through open, ongoing communication. Our goal is to support family-centered care at Children's Hospital.
Parents can help improve how Children's Hospital cares for children and their families. Whether your child has been a patient in the hospital or used our clinics, your ideas are important. There are several ways to get involved.
Family Advisory Committee
Children's Hospital's Family Advisory Committee is made up of parents and hospital staff. The committee meets every six weeks to talk about ways to improve care, communication between staff and families and services at Children's Hospital.
Parents do not need any specific experience to serve on this committee, however, they should be:
- Positive and able to share and see different points of view.
- Good listeners.
- Enthusiastic about the hospital's mission of providing excellent care.
- Able to share both positive and negative experiences in a constructive way.
Families as Partners
Families as Partners asks parents to give input and ideas to make services better for all families. Family partners may volunteer to:
- Sit on a committee.
- Give thoughts and ideas as part of a small group.
- Review policies and procedures.
- Review educational materials.
- Give presentations to hospital staff from the family perspective.
You may choose the activities that best fit your interests and schedule.
For more information about these opportunities, call (414) 266-3198 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.