David M. Gourlay, MD
Medical director, Trauma, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; assistant professor, Surgery, The Medical College of Wisconsin.
The role of premature vascular endothelium in the development of necrotizing enterocolitis.
Medical degree, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1997; surgical residency, University of Washington, Seattle, 2004; surgical research fellowship, University of Washington, Seattle, 2002; pediatric surgery training fellowship, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 2006.
American Board of Surgery, 2005; Advance Trauma Life Support, 2004; Pediatric Advanced Life Support, 2006.
The Merck Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement, Medical College of Wisconsin, 1997; Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, Medical College of Wisconsin, 1997; Association of Academic Surgery Student Research Award, 1997; The Seattle Society Award for Surgical Scientific Presentation, 2001; The American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma Region X-Award for Best Basic Science Paper, 2001; The Shock Society Young Investigator Award, 2002; David M. Tapper Resident Teaching Award-Department of Surgery, University of Washington, 2004.
- Gourlay D, Hoffer E, Routt M, Bulger E. Pelvic Angiography for Recurrent Traumatic Arterial Hemorrhage. Journal of Trauma. 2004; 59(5):1168-73.
- Cuschieri J, Gourlay D, Garcia I, Jelacic I, Maier RV. Implications of Proteasome Inhibition: An Enhanced Macrophage Phenotype. Cell Immunology. 2004; 227(2):140-7.
- Cuschieri J, Gourlay D, Garcia I, Jelacic I, Maier RV. Modulation of Macrophage Responsiveness of Lipopolysaccharide by IRAK-1 Manipulation. Shock. 2004; 21(2):182-8.
- Cuschieri J, Gourlay D, Garcia I, Jelacic I, Maier RV. Modulation of Endotoxin-Induced Endothelial Function by Calcium/Calmodulin-Dependent Protein Kinase. Shock. 2003; 20(2):176-82.
- Bulger EM, Gourlay D, Cuschieri J, Jelacic S, Staudenmeyer K, Garcia I, Maier RV. Platelet-Activating Factor Acetylhydrolase Inhibits Alveolar Mascrophage Activation in vivo. Shock. 2003; 20(1): 17-22.
Children's Research Institute
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 266-6550
Fax: (414) 266-6579
Investigator in areas of: