Marjorie Judith Arca, MD
Pediatric surgeon, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; assistant professor, Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Congenital disphragmatic hernias, pediatric general surgery, pediatric laparoscopic surgery, pediatric surgical critical care.
Medical degree, University of California College of Medicine, Los Angeles, 1990; residency, General Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1991-1997; research fellowship, Surgical Oncology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1993-1995; fellowship, Surgical Critical Care, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1994-1995; fellowship, Advanced Laparoscopic Digestive Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio, 1997-1998; fellowship, Pediatric Surgery, CS Mott Children's Hospital, Ann Arbor, Mich., 1998-2000.
Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners, 1991; Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery, General Surgery, 1998; Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, 2000; Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, 2002; Basic Life Support, 2002; Neonatal Resuscitation Program, 2004; Advanced Pediatric Life Support, 2004; Advanced Cardiac Life Support, 2004; Advanced Trauma Life Support, 2004.
- Teitelbaum DH, Lelli JL, Hirschl RB, Geiger JD, Arca MJ. Laparoscopic-assisted Proctocolectomy for Ulcerative Colitis: A More Rational Approach. Pediatric Endosurgery and Innovative Techniques. In press.
- Arca MJ, Barnhart DC, Lelli JL, Greenfeld JI, Harmon CM, Hirschl RB, Teitelbaum DH. Early Experience with Minimally Invasive Repair of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernias: Results and Lessons Learned. Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2003; 38(11):1563-1568.
- Gates RL, Caniano DA, Hayes J, Arca MJ. Does VATS Provide Optimal Treatment of Empyema in Children: A Systematic Review. Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2004; 39(3):381-386. [Senior author, principal investigator].
- Arca MJ, Gates RL, Hammond S, Groner JI, Caniano DA. Clinical Manifestations of Appendiceal Pinworms in Children. Pediatric Surgery International. 2004; 20(5):372-375. [Principal investigator].
- Michalsky MM, Arca MJ, O'Connor AM, Groenman F, Tibboel R, Hammond S, Welty S, Caniano DA. Alveolar Capillary Dysplasia: A Logical Approach to a Fatal Disease. (submitted) [Senior author, principal investigator].
- Arca MJ, Copron CJ, Long F, O'Donovan J. Migrating Calcified Enterolith and Chronic Anemia: An Unusual Case Presentation of a Meckel's Diverticulum. European Journal of Pediatric Surgery. In press.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
PO Box 1997
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1997
Phone: (414) 266-6559
Fax: (414) 2766-6579
Investigator in areas of: