Tara L. Sander, PhD
Investigator and co-director Nucleic Acid Extraction Core, Children's Research Institute; scientific director of Molecular Diagnostics, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; associate professor, Pediatric Surgery and Pathology, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Molecular basis of congenital heart disease, endothelial cell function and vascular response to injury, transcriptional regulation of the tumor suppressor protein Myeloid Zinc Finger gene 1 (MZF1), pharmacogenetics and propranolol metabolism in the pediatric population.
Doctorate, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 2000; research fellow, departments of Surgery and Pathology, Children's Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, 2003; fellow, MCW Clinical Research Scholars, 2009.
Best Poster Award, 10th Annual Chicago Signal Transduction Symposium, Northwestern University Medical School, 1997; AACR-WICR Brigid G. Leventhal Scholar Award, 2000; William Donegan Oncology Research Award, Medical College of Wisconsin, 2006 and 2007;AAMC Women in Medicine Leadership Development Award (accepted on behalf of WFC), 2008; Outstanding Faculty Service, Medical College of Wisconsin, 2009.
- Klinkner DB, Densmore JC, Kaul S, Noll L, Lim HJ, Weihrauch D, Pritchard KA, Oldham KT, Sander TL. Endothelium-derived Microparticles Inhibit Human Cardiac Valve Endothelial Cell Function. Shock. 2006, 25(6):575-80
- Peterson FC, Hayes PL, Waltner JK, Heisner AK, Jenmsen DR, Sander TL and Volkman BF. Structure of the SCAN Domain from the Tumor Suppressor Protein MZF1. J Mol Biol. 2006, 363:137-147.
- Peterson DB, Sander T, Kaul S, Wakim BT, Halligan B, Twigger S, Pritchard, Jr., KA, Oldham KT and Ou, JS. Comparative Proteomic Analysis of PAI-1 and TNF-Alpha Derived Endothelial Microparticles. Proteomics. 2008, (12):2430-2446.
- Noll L, Peterson F, Hayes P, Volkman B, and Sander T. Heterodimer Formation of the Myeloid Zinc Finger 1 SCAN Domain and Association with Promyelocytic Leukemia Nuclear Bodies. Leukemia Research. 2008, 32(10):1582-92.
- Wong SHY, Happy C, Blinka D, Gock S, Jentzen JM, Donald Hon JM, Coleman H, Jortani SA, Lucire Y, Morris-Kukoski CL, Newman MG, Orsulak PJ, Sander T, Wagner MA, Wynn JR, Wu AHB and Yeo KTJ. From Personalized Medicine to Personalized Justice: The Promises of Translational Pharmacogeneomics in the Justice System. Pharmacogenomics. 2010, 11(6):731-737.
- Pratt VM, Zehnbauer B, Wilson JA, Baak R, Babic N, Bettinotti M, Buller A, Butz K, Campbell M, Civalier C, El-Badry A, Farkas DH, Lyon E, Mandal S, McKinney J, Muralidharan K, Noll L, Sander T, Shabbeer J, Smith C, Telatar M, Toji L, Vairavan A, Vance C, Weck K, Wu A, Yeo, KTJ, Zeller M, and Kalman L. Characterization of 107 Genomic DNA Reference Materials for CYP2D6, CYP2C19, CYP2C9, VKORC1 and UGT1A1: A GeT-RM and Association for Molecular Pathology Collaborative Project. J. Mol. Diag. In press.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Department of Pathology, MS 701
9000 W. Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 266-2525
Fax: (414) 266-2779
Investigator in the areas of: