Paula E. North, MD, PhD
Medical director, Pathology, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; director, Histology and Imaging Core, Children's Research Institute; professor, Pathology, chief, Pediatric Pathology, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Doctorate, Molecular Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, 1982; medical degree, University of Arkansas School of Medicine, Little Rock, 1992; residency, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Arkansas School of Medicine, Little Rock, 1995.
Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Pediatric Pathology.
Meet Dr. North and learn about research at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin by watching the following video:
- North PE, Mizeracki A, Waner M, Mihm MC, Jr. GLUTI: A Newly Discovered Marker for Juvenile Hemangiomas. Human Pathology. 2000; 31(1):11-22.
- North PE, Waner M, Mizaeracki A, Mrak RE, Nicholas R, Kincannon J, Suen JY, Mihm MC, Jr. A Unique Microvascular Phenotype Shared by Juvenile Hemangiomas and Human Placenta. Archives of Dermatology. 2001; 136:559-570-12.
- Walter JW, North PE, Waner M, Mizeracki A, Blei F, Walker JWT, Reinisch JF, Marchuk DA. Somatic Mutation of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Receptors in Juvenile Hemangioma. Genes, Chromosomes and Cancer. 2002; 33:295-303.
- North PE, Anthony D, Young TL, Brown HH, Waner M, Brodsky MC. Retinal Neovascular Markers in Retinopathy of Prematurity: Etiological Implications. British Journal of Ophthalmology. 2003; 897(3):275-278.
- North PE, Kahn T, Cordisco MR, Dadras SS, Detmar M, Frieden IJ. Multifocal Lymphangioendotheliomatosis with Thrombocytopenia: A Newly Recognized Clinicopathological Entity. Archives of Dermatology. 2004; 140(5):599-606.
- Dadras SS, North PE, Bertoncini J, Mihm MC, Detmar M. Infantile Hemangiomas are Arrested in an Early Developmental Vascular Differentiation State. Modern Pathology. 2004; 17(9):1068-79.
- North PE, Waner M, Buckmiller L, James CA, Mihm MC. Vascular Tumors of Infancy and Childhood: Beyond Capillary Hemangioma. Cardiovascular Pathology. 2006; 15:303-317.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
PO Box 1997
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1997
Phone: (414) 266-6288
Fax: (414) 266-2779
Investigator in the areas of: