Anthony Balcom, MD
Return to Our Specialists page.
- Urology, Pediatric.
- American Board of Urology.
- Medical degree: The Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1980 - 1984.
- Residency: the Medical College, Urology, 1984 - 1989.
- Fellowship: The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Pediatric Urology, 1989 - 1990.
- 1990 - 2002, private practice, Milwaukee.
- Adult and pediatric care, 1990 to 1993.
- Pediatric and reconstructive, 1993 to present.
- Clinical assistant professor, the Medical College, 1990 to 2002. Assistant professor, the Medical College, 2002 to present.
- American Urological Association.
- American College of Surgeons.
- American Medical Association.
- Société Internationale d'Urologie.
- Society for Genitourinary Reconstructive Surgeons.
- The Society for Pediatric Urology.
- The Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons.
- Wisconsin Urological Society.
Laparoscopic pediatric urological procedures including:
- Continent cecostomy for antegrade continence enema.
- Pyeloplasty for ureteropelvic-junction obstruction.
- Non-palpable testicle.
- Partial nephrectomy, duplicated systems and cysts.
- Flap procedures predominantly and occasional graft procedures.
- Preservation of the prepuce.
Reconstructive urologic procedures related to:
- Bladder exstrophy.
- Cloacal exstrophy.
- Spina bifida.
- Augmentation enterocystoplasty (de-mucosalized when appropriate).
- Bladder neck plasty.
- Continent cecostomy.
Vaginoplasty reconstructive procedures:
- Vaginal hypoplasia.
- Vaginal agenesis.
Uretero-pelvic junction obstruction evaluation and treatment.
Vesico-ureteral reflux evaluation and treatment including:
- Ureteroneocystostomy (extra-vesical and intra-vesical).
- Subureteric injection of bulking agents such as Deflux®.
Cryptorchidism, evaluation and treatment.