Howard J. Jacob, PhD
Investigator, Children's Research Institute; professor, Physiology and Pediatrics, associate section chief, Genetics, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Genetics, genomics, sequencing
Doctorate, University of Iowa, Iowa City, 1989; postdoctoral fellow, Hypertension Training Program, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Mass., 1991; postdoctoral fellow, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, 1992; postdoctoral fellow, Cardiology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, Calif., 1992.
Merck, Sharpe and Dohme Travel Award for Outstanding Cardiovascular Research, 1991; Sokol Post Doctoral Fellowship Award, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, 1991; elected fellow in the Council for High Blood Pressure, 1998; American Physiological Society, Bowditch Award and Lecturer (Young Investigator Award), 1999; Warren P. Knowles Chair of Genetics, 1999.
- Jacob HJ. The Rat: A Model Used in Biomedical Research. Humana Press, Inc. Rat Genomics: gene identification, functional genomics and model applications. Ignacio Anegon (Ed.). Methods Mol Biol. 2010; 597:1-11.
- Worthey EA, Stoddard AJ, Jacob HJ. Sequencing of the Rat Genome and Data Bases. Humana Press, Inc. Rat Genomics: gene identification, functional genomics and model applications. Ignacio Anegon (Ed.) Methods Mol Biol. 2010; 597:33-53.
- Carlson DF, Geurts AM, Park CW, Rangel-Filho A, O'Grady SM, Jacob HJ, Steer CJ, Largaespada DA, Fahrenkrug SC. Efficient Mammalian Germline Transgenesis by Enhanced Sleeping Beauty Transposition. Transgenic Research; Mar 30. (Epub ahead of print).
- Yang YI, Dahly-Vernon Annette J, Blomme Eric AG, Lai-Zhang Jie, Kempf Dale J, Marsh Kennan C, Harrington Yvette A, Nye Steven H, Evans Darin L, Roman Richard J, Howard J. Jacob, HJ and Waring Jeffrey F. Liver Transcriptomic Changes Associated with Ritonavir-induced Hyperlipidemia in Sensivite and Resistant Strains of Rats. Vet J. Article in press.
- Shao H, Sinasac DS, Burrage LC, Hodges CA, Supelak PJ, Palmert MR, Moreno C, Cowley AW Jr, Jacob HJ, Nadeau JH. Analyzine Complex Traits with Congenic Strains. Mamm Geonme. June 2010.
- National Institutes of Health - Rat Genome Database, principal investigator, 1999-2014.
- National Institutes of Health - Genetic control of BB Rat Autoimmunity, Collaborator (as needed), 2005-2010.
- National Institutes of Health - Genetic & Physiological Basis of Salt-Induced Hypertension, principal investigator, 2006-2011.
- National Institutes of Health - Physiological Genomics of Hypertensive Renal Disease, principal investigator, 2007-2011.
- National Institutes of Health - Integrative Biology of Childhood Kidney Disease, principal investigator, (Genomics Core) 2007-2012.
- National Institutes of Health - Transposon Mutagenesis for Modeling Complex Human Disease in Rats, principal investigator, 2008-2010.
- Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin - Systems Biology Program in Cardiovascular Disease, principal investigator, 2008-2011.
- European Union - Centre of Translational Medicine, collaborator, 2009-2012.
- National Institutes of Health - Genetic and Cellular Basis of Resistance/Sensitivity to Myocardial Ischemia, 2009-2013.
- National Institutes of Health, Mechanistic Characterization of Genes for Hypertension and Renal Disease, principal investigator, 2009-2011.
- European Union Euratrans, FP7 Large Scale Collaborative Project, Euratran European Commission (Funding Agency), co-principal investigator, 2010-2015.
Children's Research Institute
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 456-4887
Fax: (414) 456-6516
Investigator in areas of: