Our staff provides family-centered care. We listen carefully to each patient's family because we believe parents know their child best. The staff of Children's Hospital of Wisconsin encourages family members to be involved in their child's care decisions. Everything we do shows our passion for children:
- Our staff is specially trained and experienced in treating children of all ages – from newborns to teens.
- More than 75 percent of our primary nurses are certified pediatric nurses.
- Our pediatricians are on site 24/7.
- We offer space for parents to sleep and shower so they can stay close to their children.
- We offer Child Life specialists who help children cope with their hospital stay and procedures through play, preparation, teaching and support.
- Our playroom has toys, movies, video games and books to help children during their hospital stay.
- When possible, we will do procedures in a special treatment room so your child feels safe in his or her room.
- Social Work staff provide families with additional support and resources.
- Pediatric specialists from Children's Hospital in Milwaukee are available for consultation. Children's Hospital is ranked among the best pediatric hospitals in the nation.
Because we want our kids to be the healthiest in the nation, the nurses will review your child's immunization (vaccine) records when they are admitted to the hospital. If your child needs immunizations, they may be able to be given before discharge.