Roger M. Lyon, MD
Pediatric orthopedic specialist, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; associate professor, Orthopaedic Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Bone and joint diseases
Applications of shock waves in pediatric orthopaedics, bone growth modulation, spinal deformities, sports medicine in children.
Medical degree, University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, 1985; surgery internship, University of Chicago, 1986; orthopaedic surgery residency, University of California, San Diego, 1992; pediatric orthopaedics fellowship, Boston Children's Hospital, 1993.
Excellence in Research Award in the category of Clinical Science, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine; Outstanding Orthopaedic Clinical Instructor, Medical College of Wisconsin, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Meet Dr. Lyon and learn about pediatric orthopedic surgery at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin by watching the following video:
- Lyon RM, Billings E, Kitabayashi L, Amiel D, Woo SL-Y, Akeson WH. Structural Differences Between the MCL and ACL. Presented at the Annual Arthroscopy Association of North America Meeting, Seattle, April 1989.
- Lyon RM, Liu XC, Soon J, Thometz JG. Dynamic Plantar Pressure and EMG Patterns in the Patients with Idiopathic Tarsal Coalition Who Had Resection. Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery. 2005; 44(4):252-258.
- Lyon RM, Liu XC, Eric J, Thometz JG. The Reproducibility of the Quantec Measurements in Patients with Idiopathic Scoliosis. American Journal of Orthopedics. 2004; 33(2):67-70.
- Liu XC, Thometz JG, Tassone JC, Lyon RM, Brady M. Dynamic Plantar Pressure Distribution in Normal Subjects: Free-mapping Model for the Analysis of Pediatric Foot Deformities. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics. 2005; 25(1):103-106.
- Lyon RM, Liu XC, Schwab J, Harris G. Kinematic and Kinetic Evaluation of the Ankle Joint Before and After Tendo Achilles Lengthening in Patients with Spastic Diplegia. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics. 2005; 25(4):479-483.
- Drendel AL, Lyon RM, Bergholte J, Kim M. Outpatient Pediatric Pain Management Practices for Fractures. Pediatric Emergency Care. 2006 Feb.; 22(2).
- Functional Evaluation of Post-surgical Clubfoot: Based Upon Existing Clinical Assessment Scores and Foot Motion Analysis, Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation, investigator.
- Modulation of Physical Gowth Using Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy in a Rabbit Model, Healthtronics Research Award (grant), principal investigator.
Children's Research Institute
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 337-7325
Fax: (414) 337-7337
Investigator in the areas of: