J. Channing Tassone, MD
Orthopedic surgeon, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; assistant professor, Orthopedic Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Bone and joint diseases
Cerebral palsy, scoliosis, trauma.
Medical degree, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, 1996; residency, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 2001; fellowship, Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Dallas, 2002.
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 2004.
Gross Anatomy teaching assistant, 1993; graduation with honors, University of Washington School of Medicine, 1996.
- Thometz J, Liu XC, Tassone C, Klein S. Correlation of Foot Radiographs with Foot Function as Analyzed by Plantar Pressure Distribution. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics. 2005; 25(2):249-252.
- Liu XC, Thometz J, Tassone C, Lyon R, Brady M. Dynamic Plantar Pressure Distribution in Normal Subjects. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics. 2005; 25(1):103-106.
- Rafique M, Stuth E, Tassone C. Increased Blood Loss During Posterior Spiral Fusion for Idiopathic Scholiosis in an Adolescent with Fontan Physiology. Pediatric Anesthesia. 2006; 16:206-212.
- Liu XC, Rizza R, Thometz J, Tassone C, Hunter E. The Effect of Instrumentation with Different Mechanical Properties on the Pig Spine During Growth. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. 2006; 123:493-497.
- Thometz J, Liu XC, Reineck J, Lyon R, Tassone C. Changes of Three-Dimensional Back Contour Following Posterior Fusion for Idiopathic Scolisis. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. 2006; 123: 577-581.
- Klos S, Liu XC, Lyon R, Tassone C, Thometz J. Reliability of a Functional Classification System in the Monitoring of Patients with Idiopathic Scolisis. Spinel 2007; 32(15):1662-1666.
- Tassone C, Duey-Holtz A. Spine Concerns in the Special Olympian. Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Review. 2008; 16(1):55-60.
- Medical College of Wisconsin/Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Development of Dynamic Pedorthosis for Improving Clubfoot Correction, investigator.
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Research Foundation, Development of Spinal Scan, investigator.
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Reserve Funding for Clinical Improvement, Electronically Controlled Prosthetic Titanium Rib Research and Design, investigator.
- Medical College of Wisconsin/Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Clinical Reliability and Validity of a Foot Model: Assessing Efficacy and Functional Outcome with Orthotic Intervention in Children with Cerebral Palsy, investigator.
Investigator in the areas of: