Steven J. Weisman, MD
Pain management/palliative care
Acute and chronic pain in pediatrics.
Medical degree, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, 1978; pediatric residency, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, 1980; anesthesiology residency, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, 1994; clinical fellowship, American Cancer Society, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, 1982; pediatric hematology/oncology fellowship, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, 1984.
American Board of Pediatrics, 1982; American Board of Pediatrics: Hematology/Oncology, 1984; American Board of Anesthesiology, 1996; Pediatric Advanced Life Support, 1999.
Alpha Omega Alpha, Jane B. Pettit Chair in Pain Management.
- Czarnecki ML, Jandrisevits MD, Theiler SC, Huth MM, Weisman SJ. Controlled Release Oxycodone for the Management of Pediatric Postoperative Pain. Journal of Pain Symptom Management. 2004; 27:379-386.
- Finkel JC, Finley A, Greco C, Weisman SJ, Zeltzer L. Transdermal Fentanyl in the Management of Children with Chronic Severe Pain: Results from an International Study. Cancer. 2005; 104: 2847-2857.
- Berens RJ, Meyer MT, Mikhailov TA, Colpaert, KD, Czarnecki ML, Ghanayem NS, Hoffman GM, Soetenga DJ, Nelson TJ, Weisman SJ. A Prospective Evaluation of Opioid Weaning in Tolerant Pediatric Critical Care Patients. Anesthesiology and Analgesia. 2006; 102:1045-1050.
- Czarnecki ML, Garwood MM, Weisman SJ. Advanced Practice Nurse-Directed Telephone Management of Acute Pain Following Pediatric Spinal Fusion Surgery. Journal for Specialists in Pediatric Nursing. 2007; 12:159-169.
- Hainsworth KR, Davies WH, Khan KA, Weisman SJ. Development and Preliminary Validation of the Child Activity Limitations Questionnaire: Flexible and Efficient Assessment of Pain-Related Functional Disability. Journal Pain. 2007; 8:746-752.
- Sato AF, Hainsworth KR, Khan KA, Ladwig RL, Weisman SJ, Davies WH. School Absenteeism in Pediatric Chronic Pain: Identifying Lessons Learned from the General School Absenteeism Literature. Children's Healthcare. 2007; 36:355-372.
- Outcomes and Parent Satisfaction Associated with Parent/Nurse Controlled Analgesia in Pediatric Patients with Developmental Delay, Mayday Fund, principal investigator.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Jane B. Pettit Pain and Palliative Care Center
PO Box 1997
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1997
Phone: (414) 266-2775
Fax: (414) 266-1761
Investigator in the areas of: