Valerie Lyon, MD
Pediatric dermatologist, director, Pediatric Dermatologic Surgery and Skin Oncology, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; associate professor, Pediatrics (Dermatology), Medical College of Wisconsin.
Congenital nevi, melanoma in children, nevus sebaceous, patient/family pre-operative anxiety for awake procedures, pediatric dermatological surgery outcomes, spitz nevi.
Medical degree, University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, 1997; intern, Transitional Medicine, Northwestern University, Evanston, Ill., 1998; dermatology residency, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 2001; pediatric dermatology fellowship, Children's Hospital of San Diego, 2002.
Chief Resident in Dermatology, 2001; AAMC Early Career Woman Award Recipient, 2007.
American Board of Dermatology, 2001; Pediatric Derm Subspecialty, 2006.
- Lyon VB. The Spritz Nevus: Review and Update. Clin in Plastic Surgery. 2010; 37(1):21-33.
- Lyon VB. Congenital Melanocytic Nevi. Pediatric Clin North Am. 2010 Oct; 57(5):1155-76.
- Juern AM, Cassidy LD, Lyon VB. More Evidence Concerning the Safety of General Anesthesia in Pediatric Dermatology Surgery. Pediatric Dermatology. 2010; 27(4):355-360.
- Lyon VB, Dermatology. In: Marcdante K, Berman RE, Kliegman RM eds. Nelson's Essentials of Pediatrics 6th Ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier, 2010:713-734.
- Smart DR, Taintor AM, Kelly ME, Lyon VB, Segura A, Jensen J, Drolet BA. Microcystic Adnexal Carcinoma: The first Reported Congenital Case. Pediatric Dermatology. 2011; 28(1):35-38.
- Quinter SD, Chiu YE, Lyon VB, Holland KE, Ruggeri SY, Drolet BA. Inverse Gottron's Papules: An Unusual Cutaneous Manifestation of Juvenile Dermatomyositis. Pediatr Dermatol. 2011, Dec. 30. In Press.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Pediatric Dermatology Clinic
9000 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Suite B260
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 266-1569
Fax: (414) 266-3315
Investigator in the areas of: