Jennifer Niskala Apps, PhD
Pediatric neuropsychologist, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; associate professor, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Concussions, sports injury, pediatric neuropsychology.
Doctorate, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, 1998; post-doctoral internship, Children's Medical Center, Dallas, 1998-2000; fellowship, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 1998.
Licensed Clinical Psychologist, National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology.
Clinical Research Scholars Program (National Institutes of Health) 2007; Faculty Leadership Development program at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and the Medical College, 2008.
- Scheffer RE, App JAN. Differentiating Pediatric Bipolar Disorder from ADHD. Current Psychiatry. 2005 May; 4(5).
- Apps J, Winkler J, Jandrisevits MD. Bipolar Disorders: Symptoms and Treatment in Children and Adolescents. Pediatric Nursing. 2008 Jan./Feb.; 84-88.
- Apps JN. Making Strangers Familiar. Ethics & Behavior. 2010; 20(1):80-81.
- Apps JN, Newby RF, Roberts LS (eds.). Pediatric Neuropsychology Case Studies: From the Exceptional to the Common Place. Springer Publishers. 2008.
- Apps JAN, Kanz JE, Newby RF. Psychological and Neuropsychological Testing. In: Roberts LW, Hoop GJ, Heinrich TW (eds.). Clinical Psychiatry Essentials. Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams & Williams. 2010.
- Effect of Early Rest on Recovery from Concussion, the Medical College Injury Research Center, co-investigator.
- Pediatric Post-concussion Clinic Feasibility, Seaman Family Grant, principal investigator.
Children's Research Institute
9000 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Ste B510
Phone: (414) 266-6918
Fax: (414) 266-4960
Investigator in areas of: