Overview of Down Syndrome Clinic
The Down Syndrome Clinic provides care for patients of all ages with Down syndrome. We specialize in providing care and support for families, and are committed to improving our patients' health and well-being.
We understand that a patient's well-being includes many complex issues and requires a comprehensive, multidisciplinary health care approach. We are connected to a network of local and national resources.
Services for families
Staff at the clinic can provide or help coordinate the following services:
- Family-centered care. Clinics are scheduled monthly, usually the first or second Thursday of the month. Visits are customized to meet the needs and concerns of families. Advanced scheduling is required.
- Second opinions. Patients often have complex issues and families may require a second opinion. We are happy to provide a second opinion and help you prioritize concerns and sort through problems.
- Information and referrals. It is common for people with Down Syndrome to receive care from multiple specialists. The Down Syndrome Clinic staff can provide families with specialist referrals as well updated information on health and wellness topics.
- Training and education. We provide training and education for parents on a variety of health issues.
Services for health care providers
Down Syndrome Clinic staff also can provide support to primary care physicians in making health care decisions affecting children or adult family members with Down syndrome:
- Information and referrals.
- Patient consultation services.
- Education and training for providers.