Diabetes Clinic Information
To make an appointment, call Central Scheduling at (414) 607-5280 or toll free at (877) 607-5280.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
Who will I see?
The Diabetes Team that helps families in the management of pediatric diabetes and includes:
- Pediatric endocrinologists.
- Pediatric nurse practitioners.
- Clinical nurse specialist.
- Diabetes educators.
- A social worker.
The nurse practitioner directs the diabetes clinical and educational program and will answer your emergent calls during clinic hours. The nurse practitioner also does physical exams and teaches children how to care for themselves during clinic visits.
Children's Hospital is a teaching hospital and many of our specialists train other doctors to care for kids. In addition to your child's main doctor, you may see the following:
- Medical students who are training to be doctors.
- Residents who are doctors specializing in pediatrics.
- Fellows have completed a residency and are training in another specialty.
Your child's main doctor supervises the care they provide.