To make an appointment, call Central Scheduling at (414) 607-5280 or toll-free at (877) 607-5280.
At Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, the Pediatric Rheumatology Clinic provides multidisciplinary comprehensive care to children with rheumatic diseases. We also offer diagnostic service to evaluate children with symptoms of rheumatic disease. In addition, our physicians actively conduct research and drug trials to further advance treatments available to patients.
The rheumatology team provides care solely related to the child's rheumatologic illness so children seen in our clinic continue to see their primary care providers.
We serve children - from newborns to young adults - and their families. We believe education and treatment should include the child's care givers, since children need assistance with health care practices. Patients also are encouraged to learn skills and develop attitudes and habits conducive to long-term health.
We diagnose and treat the following:
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
- Juvenile dermatomyositis.
- Psoriatic arthritis.
- Rheumatic fever.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE, or lupus).
- Behcet's disease.
- Kawasaki disease.
- Henoch-schonlein purpura (HSP)/periodic fever syndrome.
- Other rheumatic diseases.
Services offered include:
- Comprehensive multidisciplinary care for children with rheumatic diseases.
- A clinic staffed by a pediatric rheumatologist and/or a pediatric nurse practitioner.
- Instruction on topics related to the child's disease and its management.
- Phone consultation for families and care givers.
- Information sharing with community health services and schools, if desired by the child's family.
- Up-to-date medical therapies.
- Education to enhance self-care practices.
- Resources to assist in day-to-day disease management.
- Opportunity for networking with other families.
- Consultation with a dietitian to ensure proper nutrition.
- Consultation with a social worker to assist with patient and family concerns, school issues and community resources.
- Meetings with other team members during the appointment.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee.