Joseph E. Kerschner, MD, FACS, FAAP
Medical director, Otolaryngology, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; member, Children's Specialty Group; professor, Otolaryngology, interim dean and executive vice president, The Medical College of Wisconsin.
Otitis media, pediatric voice disorders.
Medical degree, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1986-1990; residency, Otolaryngology, University of South Florida, Tampa, 1990-1996; fellowship, Pediatric Otolaryngology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1996-1998.
Certificate of Recognition, Wisconsin Governor Scott McCallum, Universal Newborn Hearing Screening Efforts, 2002; Best Doctors in America, 2004-2008; honorable mention for basic-science research, Triological Society Thesis, 2007.
- Hall-Stoodley L, Hu FZ, Gieseke A, Nistico L, Nguyen D, Hayes J, Forbes M, Greenberg DP, Dice B, Burrows A, Wackym PA, Stoodley P, Post JC, Ehrlich GD, Kerschner JE. Direct Detection of Bacterial Biofilms on the Middle Ear Mucosa of Children with Chronic Otitis Media. Journal of the American Medical Association. 2006; 296(2):202-211.
- Sipp JA, Kerschner JE, Braune N, Hartnick CJ. Vocal Fold Medialization in Children: Injection Laryngoplasty, Thyroplasty or Reinnervation. Archives of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. 2007; 133:767-771.
- Kerschner JE. Mucin Gene Expression in Human Middle Ear Epithelium. American Laryngological, Rhinological and Otological Society Thesis. Laryngoscope. 2007; 117(9):1666-1676.
- Truong M, Milczuk H, Kerschner JE, Messner A. Pediatric Vocal Fold Paralysis after Cardiac Surgery: Rate of Recovery and Sequelae. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. 2007; 137(5):780-784.
- Samuel EA, Burrows A, Kerschner JE. Cytokine Regulation of Mucin Secretion in a Human Middle Ear Epithelial Model. Cytokine. 2008; 41(1):38-43.
- Merati AL, Keppel K, Braun NM, Blumin JH, Kerschner JE. Pediatric Voice-related Quality of Life: Findings in Healthy Children and in Common Laryngeal Disorders. Archives Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. 2008; 117(4):259-262.
- Cytokine Inflammatory Mediators and Mucin Regulation in Middle Ear Epithelium, National Institutes of Health/National Institute on Deafness and other Communication Disorders, principal investigator.
- Gene Expression in the Middle Ear Epithelium of the Chinchilla, American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology, principal mentor and co-investigator.
- Mucin Gene Expression in Paranasal Olfactory and Respiratory Epithelia, NIH/NIDCD, principal mentor and co-investigator.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
PO Box 1997
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1997
Phone: (414) 266-6486
Fax: (414) 266-2963
Investigator in the areas of: