Yang Shi, PhD
Investigator, Children's Research Institute; assistant professor, Pediatric Surgery, The Medical College of Wisconsin.
Developmental Vascular Biology Program
Nitric Oxide, ischemia/reperfusion injury, tetrahydrobiopterim, heat shock proteins
Doctorate, Hunan Medical University, China, 1997; fellowship, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1998-2002.
AHA Postdoctoral Fellowship Award, 2000; Trainee Abstract Award (American Heart Association), 2001; Young Investigator Award Finalist (International Society for Heart Research), 2002; Cardiovascular Young Investigator's Forum Finalist (9th Annual Astrazeneca Cardiovascular Young Investigator' Forum), 2003; Beginning Grant-in-Aid Award (American Heart Association), 2003.
- Shi Y, Baker JE, Zhang CY, Tweddell JS, Su JD, Pritchard Jr KA. Chronic Hypoxia Increases NOS3 Activity by Association with hsp90 and Serine Phosphorylation. Circulation Research. 2002; 91:300-306.
- Shi Y, Rafiee P, Su JD, Pritchard Jr KA, Tweddell JS, Baker JE. Acute Cardioprotective Effects Of Erythropoietin are Mediated by Activation of Protein Kinases and Potassium Channels. Basic Research in Cardiology. 2004 May; 99(3):173-82.
- Shi Y, Hutchins W, Su JD, Pritchard KA, Baker JE. Delayed Cardioprotection with Isoflurane: Trigger Role of Reactive Oxygen and Nitrogen Species. American Journal of Physiology. 2005 Jan.; 288:H175-H184.
- Shi Y, Hutchins W, Ogawa H, Chung-Che C, Pritchard Jr KA, Zhang CY, Jacob HJ, Lazar J, Rafiee P, Baker JE. Increased Resistance to Myocardial Ischemia in the Brown Norway vs. Dahl S Rat: Role of Nitric Oxide Synthase and Hsp90. Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology. 2005 Apr.; 38(4):625-635. Corresponding author.
- Xu H, Shi Y, Wang J, Jones D, Weilrauch D, Ying R, Wakim B, Pritchard, Jr KA. A Heat Shock Protein 90 Binding Domain in Endothelial Nitric-Oxide Synthase Influences Enzyme Function. Journal of Biology and Chemistry. 2007; 282:37567-37574.
- Du J, Xu H, Wei N, Wakim B, Pritchard, Jr KA, Shi Y. Identification of Proteins Interacting with GTP Cyclohydrolase I. Biochemistry and Biophysics Research Commun. 2009 July; 385(2):143-7.
- Hsp90 Mediates eNOS and Vascular Function, National Institutes of Health, co-investigator.
- Increased Resistance to Myocardial Ischemia in the Brown Norway vs. Dahl S Rat: Role of Nitric Oxide Synthase and Hsp90, Medical College of Wisconsin Research Affairs Committee, principal investigator.
- Increased Resistance to Myoocardial Ischemia in the Brown Norway vs. Dahl S. Rat: Role of Nitric Oxide Synthase and Hsp90, American Heart Association, principal investigator.
- Hsp90, NOS3 and Cardioprotection, NIH, principal investigator.
- Mechanisms of Increased Ischemic Injury in Diabetes, NIH, co-investigator.
- Develop a New FPLC and MS-based Method for Isolating Lipoprotein and Quantifying their Proteome, Medical College of Wisconsin BBC faculty indicement grant, principal investigator.
- Identify Cardioprotective Pharmaceutical Leads by a Combination Use Years, Drosophila and Rat Mox Systems. Biomedical Technology Alliance Program of Wisconsin, principal investigator.
- Inflammation Fibrosis and Myocardial Function in Scleroderma, NIH, co-investigator.
- PPG Grant Title: Anesthetic-Induced Cardiac Preconditioning Project III: Diabetes and Anesthetic Preconditioning, NIH, co-investigator of project III.
Children's Research Institute
PO Box 1997
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1997
Phone: (414) 955-4634
Fax: (414) 955-6473
Investigator in the areas of: