Marlene D. Melzer-Lange, MD
Medical director, Emergency Department/Trauma Center, program director, Project Ujima, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; professor, Pediatrics, The Medical College of Wisconsin.
Adolescents in the emergency department, violence, prevention and intervention and epidemiology.
Medical degree, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1975; residency, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1975-1978.
Advanced Trauma Life Support instructor; Pediatric Advanced Life Support instructor.
Distinguished Service Award, Medical College of Wisconsin, 2010; Phi Beta Kappa, Marquette University.
- Phelps LF, Davies WH, McCart MR, Klein-Tasman BP, Melzer-Lange MD, Heuermann W. Concerns and Coping of African American Mothers after Youth Assault Requiring Emergency Medical Treatment. Journal of Pediatric Psychology. 2006; 31:388-396.
- McCart MR, Davies WH, Phelps LF, Heuermann W, Melzer-Lange MD. Psychosocial Needs of African-American Youth Presenting to a Pediatric Emergency Department with Assault-related Injuries. Pediatric Emergency Care. 2006, 22:154-158.
- Lim HJ, Liu J, Melzer-Lange MD. Comparison of Methods for Analyzing Recurrent Events Data: Application to the Emergency Department Visits of Pediatric Firearm Victims. Accident Analysis and Prevention. 2007; 39:290-299.
- Melzer-Lange MD, Thatcher CVD, Liu J, Zhu S. Urban Community Characteristics of Youth Assault Victims. Wisconsin Medical Journal. 2007; 106:394-398.
- McCart M, Melzer-Lange M. Project Ujima: Providing Comprehensive Care to Youth Violence Victims. Trauma Psychology. 2007; 2:15-17.
- Johnson N, Klingbeil C, Melzer-Lange MD, Humphreys C, Scanlon MC, Simpson P. Evaluation of an Intimate Partner Violence Curriculum in a Pediatric Hospital. Pediatrics. 2009; 123; 562-568.
- Uherick L, Gorelick MH, Biechler R, Brixey SN, Melzer-Lange M. Validation of Two-child Passenger Safety Questionnaries. Inj Prev. 2010; 16:343-347.
- Parklawn PEAS Coalition, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, principal investigator.
- Health Care Can Change from Within: A Sustainable Model for Intimate Partner Violence, Healthier Wisconsin Foundation, co-investigator.
- Safety Starts at Home, Healthier Wisconsin Foundation, co-investigator.
- Staying Alive: A Violence Prevention Project, American Academy of Pediatrics, Section on Injury and Poison, principal investigator.
- Milwaukee County Health Care Intimate Partner Violence Consortium, Healthier Wisconsin Foundation, co-investigator.
- Healthy Youth: Strong and Connected, Healthier Wisconsin Foundation, principal investigator.
Children's Corporate Center
999 North 92nd Street, C550
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 266-2647
Fax: (414) 266-2635
Investigator in the areas of: