Timothy R. Schum, MD
Medical director, Downtown Health Center, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; associate professor, Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Medical education, toilet training.
Medical degree, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1977; pediatric residency, Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals, Milwaukee, 1980.
State of Wisconsin Medical Licensure, 1978; American Board of Pediatrics, 1981.
Phi Beta Kappa; Most Outstanding Teacher of the Pediatric Residents, 1987; Charter member of the MCW Society of Teaching Scholars.
- Schum TR, Lachman BS. Effect of Packaging and Appearance on Childhood Poisoning: Vacor Rat Poison. Clinical Pediatrics. 1982; 21:282-285.
- Schum TR, Nelson DB, Duma MA, Sedmak GV. Increasing Rubella Seronegativity Despite a Compulsory School Law. American Journal of Public Health. 1990; 80:66-69.
- Schum TR, Yindra KJ, Koss R, Nelson DB. Students' and Residents' Ratings of Teaching Effectiveness in a Department of Pediatrics. Teaching and Learning in Medicine: An International Journal. 1993; 5:128-132.
- Schum TR, Yindra KJ. Relationship between Systematic Feedback to Faculty and Ratings of Clinical Teaching. Academic Medicine. 1996; 71:1100-1102.
- Schum TR, McAuliffe TL, Simms MD, Walter JA, Lewis M, Pupp R. Factors Associated with Toilet Training in the 1990s. Ambulatory Pediatrics. 2001; 2:79-86.
- Schum TR, Kolb TM, McAuliffe TL, Simms M, Underhill R, Lewis M. The Sequential Acquisition of Toilet Training Skills: A Descriptive Study of Gender and Age Differences in Normal Children. Pediatrics. 2002; 109(3).
- The Dyson Initiative: Pediatric Training in the Community, the Multi-dimensional Education Program, The Dyson Foundation, program co-director.
Downtown Health Center
1020 N. 12th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Phone: (414) 277-8900
Fax: (414) 277-8939
Investigator in the areas of: