Eileen Sherburne, MSN, RN, FNP
Advanced practice nurse, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.
Nurse sensitive indicators (skin breakdown, falls), postsurgical urinary retention.
FNP, University of Wisconsin School of Nursing, Milwaukee, 2000; Master of Science, Nursing, Yale University School of Nursing, New Haven, Conn., 1983; Bachelor of Science, Nursing, University of Wisconsin School of Nursing, Madison, 1977.
ACNS-BC (clinical nurse specialist), FNP-BC ( family nurse practitioner), CRRN (rehabilitation nurse), WCC (wound care).
Rehabilitation Advanced Practice Nurse of the Year - Association of Rehabilitation Nurses, 2004; Julie Lathrop Nursing Research Award - Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, 2005.
- Sherburne E & K Sawin. Investigating Time to Void after Lower-Extremity Orthopedic Surgery in a Pediatric Population. Journal for Specialists in Pediatric Nursing. 2008; 13(1), 36-47.
- Continuous Evoked Potential Monitoring in the NICU. Journal of Neurosurgical Nursing. 1985; 17(4):247-252.
- A Rehabilitation Protocol for the NICU. Journal of Neurosurgical Nursing. 1986; 18(3):140-145.
- Determining Time to Void in a Pediatric Orthopedic Population for Pediatric Nurses, SPN National Conference.
- Determining Time to Void in a Pediatric Orthopedic Population, Nursing Research Society, 30th Annual Conference.
- Determining Time to Void in a Pediatric Orthopedic Population, Association of Orthopedic Nurses, National Conference.
- Nursing Sensitive Indicators, Nurses Credentialing Center, Journey to Nursing Excellence and Magnet Designation Workshop.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
PO Box 1997
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1997
Phone: (414) 266-3063
Fax: (414) 266-3722
Investigator in the areas of: