Karen Marcdante, MD
President, Medical Dental Staff, program director, Transport, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; professor, Pediatrics, vice chair, Education, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Curriculum innovation, evaluation and measurement, faculty development, medical education, quality improvement.
Medical degree, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1980; residency, Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals, Milwaukee, 1980-1983; fellowship, University of California-San Francisco, 1985-1987.
Pediatrics, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine.
Society of Teaching Scholars, 1995; Alpha Omega Alpha Society, 1996; Learning Resources Innovative Educational Project Award, Medical College of Wisconsin, 1996 and 1997; Presidential Citation: Quality Indicator Development Task Force, Society of Critical Care Medicine, 1996 and 1997; Central Group on Educational Affairs Laureate, CGEA of the Association of American Medical Colleges, 2004.
- Wendelberger KJ, Simpson DE, Biernat KA. Problem-based Learning in a Third Year Pediatric Clerkship. Teaching and Learning in Medicine. 1996; 8(1):28-32.
- Wendelberger Marcdante K, Simpson D. How Pediatric Educators Know What to Teach: The Use of Teaching Scripts. Pediatrics. 1999; 104(1 Pt 2):148-50.
- Simpson DE, Wendelberger Marcdante K, Duthie E, Sheehan K, Holloway RL, Towne J. Valuing Educational Scholarship at the Medical College of Wisconsin, Academic Medicine. 2000; 75(9):930-934.
- Marcdante K, Kliegman R. Promoting Clerkship Directors: The Importance of Evidence. Journal of Pediatrics. 2002; 141:1-2.
- McCurdy FA, Marcdante K. Setting a Personal Career Direction. Journal of Cardiovascular Management. 2003; 14(2):18021.
- Duthie E, Simpson DE, Marcdante K, Kerwin D, Denson K, Cohan M. A Collaborative Strategy for Reciprocal Integration of Basic and Clinical Sciences, Journal of the International Association of Medical Science Educators. 2004; 14(1): 34-38.
- Multi-dimensional Community Education Program for Pediatric Residents, Dyson Foundation, co-author and evaluation coordinator.
- Faculty Development General Pediatrics/General Internal Medicine, Department of Health and Human Services, Bureau of Health Professions, co-director, Pediatrics.
Children's Research Institute
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 266-3360
Fax: (414) 266-3563
Investigator in the areas of: