Joan Cox Gill, MD
Program director, Hemophilia, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; director, Comprehensive Center for Bleeding Disorders, BloodCenter of Wisconsin; professor, Pediatrics and Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Bleeding and blood disorders
Hemophilia, hemophilic inhibitors, hepatitis C, HIV, thrombosis, von Willebrand disease.
Medical degree, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1976; residency, Medical College of Wisconsin and Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1978; fellowship, Medical College of Wisconsin, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin and The Blood Center, Milwaukee, 1981.
American Board of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, American Board of Pediatrics.
1992 visiting professor, Columbus Children's Hospital, Columbus, Ohio; 1995 visiting professor, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.; visiting professor, University Medical Center, Jackson, Miss.; Best Doctors in America, 1996-present.
- Gill JC, Endres‑Brooks J, Bauer PJ, Marks WJ, Montgomery RR. The Effect of ABO Blood Group on the Diagnosis of Von Willebrand Disease. Blood. 1987; 69: 1691‑96.
- Eckels DD, Tabatabai N, Bian TH, Wang H, Muheisen SS, Rice CM, Yoshizawa K, Gill JC. In Vitro Human T-Cell Responses to a Recombinant Hepatitis C Virus Antigen: Failure in IL-2 Production Despite Proliferation. Human Immunolology. 1999; 60:187-199.
- Gill JC. The Role of Genetics in Inhibitor Formation. Thrombosis Haemostasis. 1999; 82:500-505.
- Punzalan RC, Hillery CA, Montgomery RR, Scott JP, Gill JC. Low Molecular Weight Heparin (Enoxaparin) in Thrombotic Disease in Children and Adolescents. American Journal of Pediatric Hematology Oncology. 2000; 22:137-142.
- Gill JC, Ottum M, Schwartz B. Evaluation of High Concentration Intranasal and Intravenous Desmopressin in Pediatric Patients with Mild Hemophilia A or Mild-to-Moderate Type 1 von Willebrand Disease. Journal of Pediatrics. 2002; 140:595-599.
- Gill JC. Diagnosis and Treatment of von Willebrand Disease. Hematology/Oncology Clinics of North America. 2004; 18:1277-1299.
- Region V-West Hemophilia Treatment Center Network, Director of Regional Center, The Comprehensive Center for Bleeding Disorders, 10/01/96-9/30/05.
- Prevention of the Complications of Hemophilia through Hemophilia Treatment Centers, Director of Regional Center, The Comprehensive Center for Bleeding Disorders, 10/01/96-9/30/05.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
PO Box 1997
Milwaukee, WI 53201
Phone: (414) 257-2424
Fax: (414) 937-6580
Investigator in areas of: