Nancy Ghanayem, MD
Clinical director, Cardiac Critical Care, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; Assistant professor, Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Cardiac critical care, long-term outcomes after congenital heart surgery, perioperative monitoring, pulmonary hypertension, single ventricle physiology.
Medical degree, Rush Medical College, Chicago, 1993; residency, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1996; fellowship, Pediatric Critical Care, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1999; fellowship, Cardiac Critical Care, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, 1999; fellowship, Cardiac Critical Care, Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne, Australia, 2000.
Board certified, Pediatrics; Board certified, Pediatric Critical Care.
Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, March 1995; Emergency Medicine Award, June 1995; Dr. Elaine Kohler Humanity in Medicine Award, June 1999; Department of Pediatrics Award for Clinical Scholarship, June 2004.
- Tweddell JS, Hoffman GM, Mussatto KA, Fedderly RT, Berger S, Jaquiss RDB, Ghanayem NS, Frisbee SJ, Litwin SB. Improved Survival of Patients Undergoing Palliation of Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome: Lessons Learned From 115 Consecutive Patients. Circulation. 2002 Sept.; 24(106)(12 Suppl 1):I82-9.
- Jaquiss RD, Tweddell JS, Ghanayem NS, Mussatto KM, Zachariasen MC, Litwin B. Safety of Aprotinin Use and Re-Use in Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery. Circulation. 2002 Sept.; 106(12 Suppl 1):I90-4.
- Ghanayem NS, Hoffman GM, Mussatto KA, Cava JR, Frommelt PC, Rudd NA, Steltzer MM, Bevandic SM, Frisbee SJ, Jaquiss RDB, Litwin SB, Tweddell JS. Home Surveillance Program Prevents Interstage Mortality Following the Norwood Procedure. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2003 Nov.; 126(5):1367-75.
- Hoffman GM, Stuth EA, Jaquiss RD, VanderWal PL, Staudt SR, Troshynski TJ, Ghanayem NS, Tweddell JS. Changes in Cerebral and Somatic Oxygenation During Stage 1 Palliation of Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome using Continuous Regional Cerebral Perfusion. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2004 Jan.; 127(1):223-33.
- Hoffman GM, Tweddell JS, Ghanayem NS, Mussatto KA, Stuth EA, Jaquiss RDB, Berger S. Alterations of the Critical Arteriovenous Oxygen Saturation Relationship by Sustained Afterload Reduction after the Norwood Procedure. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2004 Mar.; 127(3):738-45.
- Jaquiss RDB, Ghanayem NS, Hoffman GM, Fedderly RT, Cava JR, Mussatto KA, Tweddell JS. Early Cavopulmonary Anastomosis in Very Young Infants after the Norwood Procedure: Impact on Oxygenation, Resource Utilization and Mortality. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2004 Apr.; 127(4):982-89.
- Infant Single Ventricle Trial, Pediatric Heart Network/National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, site principal investigator.
- Single Ventricle Reconstruction Trial, Pediatric Heart Network/National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, site principal investigator.
- Corticosteroid Effect on Cardiopulmonary Bypass Induced Cytokine Production in Infant Congenital Heart Surgery, Children's Hospital and Health System Foundation, co-principal investigator.
- The Prevalence of Heparin Dependent Antibodies in Children after Cardiopulmonary Bypass, Children's Hospital and Health System Foundation, co-principal investigator.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
PO Box 1997
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1997
Phone: (414) 266-3360
Fax: (414) 266-3563
Investigator in areas of: