Lynn A. D'Andrea, MD
Director, Pulmonary Services, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; associate professor, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine
Medical degree, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1987; residency, Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1990; fellowship, Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, Conn., 1994.
American Board of Pediatrics-Certified-Pediatric Pulmonology; American Board of Pediatrics-Certified-Sleep Medicine.
Thomas Ball Sleep Award given by the Chesapeake Bay Sleep Society, October, 2001; Best Doctors in American, 2006 - 2012; Child magazine/Parent magazine survey; Division of Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine ranked among top 10 programs (#9) among all children's hospitals, February 2007, (#7) February 2009; US News and World Report survey, Division of Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine ranked among top 30 programs (#26) among all children's hospitals June 2008, (#28) in June 2010, division of Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine ranked among top 20 programs (#19) among all children's hospital May 2011. Super Doctors, 2011.
- D'Andrea LA. Diagnostic Studies in the Assessment of Pediatric Sleep-disordered Breathing: Techniques and Indications. Pediatric Clinics of North America. 2004; 51:169-186.
- Roemmich JN, Barkley JE, D'Andrea L, Nikova M, Rogol AD, Carskadon MA, Suratt PM. Increases in Overweight after Adenotonsillectomy in Overweight Children with Obstructive Sleep Disordered Breathing are Associated with Decreases in Motor Activity and Hyperactivity. Pediatrics. 2006; 117:200-208.
- Suratt PM, Peruggia M, D'Andrea L, Diamond R, Barth JT, Nikova M, Perriello VA, Johnson ML. Cognitive Function and Behavior of Children with Adenotonsillar Hypertrophy Suspected of having Obstructed Sleep Disordered Breathing. Pediatrics. 2006; 118:e771-e781.
- Suratt PM, Barth JT, Diamond R, D'Andrea L, Nikova M, Perriello VA, Carskadon MA, Rembold C. Reduced Time in Bed and Obstructive Sleep Disordered Breathing in Children are Associated with Cognitive Impairment. Pediatrics. 2007; 119(2):320-329.
- Sachdeva RC, D'Andrea LA. Emerging Medicolegal Issues in the Practice of Pediatric Sleep Medicine. Pediatric Sleep Disorders, Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America. 2009; 18:1017-1025.
- Wise MS, Nichols CD, Grigg-Damberger MM, Marcus CL, Witmans MB, Kirk VG, D'Andrea LA, Hoban TF. Executive Summary of Respiratory Indications for Polysomnography in Children: An evidence-based review. Sleep. 2011; 34(3):389-398. Respiratory Indications for Polysomnography in Children: An evidence-based review. Sleep. 2011; 34(3):389A-398AW. Published on-line.
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, CFF Therapeutics Development Center Award, role: Mentor to the CF Center Director, significant role in developing and editing the application, 2009-2012.
- American Lung Association/American Thoracic Society, Autonomic Cardiorespiratory Responses in Drug-Exposed Infant, principal investigator, 1993-1994.
- CMC Grants-In-Aid (University of Virginia), Mechanisms of Upper Airway Obstruction in Children with Obstructive Sleep Apnea, principal investigator, 1997-1998.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH), Mechanisms of Upper Airway Obstruction in Children with Obstructive Sleep Apnea, principal investigator, 1997-2000,
- National Institutes of Health (NIH), Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Children, Co-investigator, 2000-2003.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
9000 W. Wisconsin Avenue, MS 620
Milwaukee WI 53226
Phone: (414) 266-6730
Fax: (414) 266-6742
Investigator in areas of: