Cheryl L. Brosig-Soto, PhD
Pediatric psychologist, Herma Heart Center, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.
Associate professor, Pediatrics, the Medical College of Wisconsin.
- National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
Internship: Childrens Hospital Boston, Psychology, 1994-1995
PhD: Loyola University of Chicago (IL), Psychology, 1990-1995
Fellowship: Marshfield Clinic (Marshfield, WI), Pediatric Psychology, 1995-1997
1994-1995: Clinical Fellow in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA.
1997-2007: Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Developmental Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Psychology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI.
2007-Present: Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Cardiology, Division of Pediatric Psychology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI.
- Memberships in Professional and Honorary Societies:
American Psychological Association
Division 54, Pediatric Psychology
Division 38, Health Psychology
International Pediatric Transplant Association
Association of Psychologists in Academic Health Centers
International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation
American Heart Association
- National Elected/Appointed Leadership and Committee Positions:
2003-2005: Task Force for Patient Access to Clinical Services, American Psychological Association, Division 54 (Pediatric Psychology)
2010-2011: Membership Committee, Association of Psychologists in Academic Health Centers
2010-Present: Research Committee, Association of Psychologists in Academic Health Centers
2011-Present: Chair, Society of Pediatric Psychology Cardiology Special Interest Group
2012-2014: Member at large, Association of Psychologists in Academic Health Centers; Chair, Task Force on Association of American Medical College Behavioral and Social Science Foundation for Future Physicians
- Consultant: Berlin Heart EXCOR Pediatric Ventricular Assist Device. Berlin Heart Inc, 2007-2011.
- Co-Investigator: Longitudinal Study of Neurologic, Cognitive, and Radiologic Outcomes in PHACE Syndrome. Greater Milwaukee Foundation, 2009-2012.
- Co-Investigator: Longitudinal Study of Neurologic, Cognitive, and Radiologic Outcomes in PHACE Syndrome. Russell J. and Betty Jane Shaw Fund, 2009-2012.
- Co-Investigator: Psychosocial Factors, Quality of Life and Health Care Utilization in Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. Children's Hospital Foundation, 1996-2001.
- Co-Investigator: The Impact of Prenatal Versus Postnatal Diagnosis on Coping in Parents of Children with Severe Congenital Heart Disease. Children's Hospital Foundation, 1999-2001.
- Principal Investigator: An Exploratory Study of the Cognitive, Academic, and Behavioral Functioning of Pediatric Cardiothoracic Transplant Recipients. Children's Hospital Foundation, 2002-2005.
- Consultant: Trial of Right Ventricular versus MBTS in Infants with Single Ventricle Defect Undergoing Staged Reconstruction, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, 2005-2009.
- Co-Principal Investigator: Neurodevelopmental Outcomes and Postoperative Hemodynamics in Children with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, Children's Heart Foundation, 2006-2009.
Publications (selected publications 10 of 18)
- Hoffman GM, Mussatto KA, Brosig CL, Ghanayem NS, Musa N, Fedderly R, Jaquiss RD, Tweddell JS. Systemic venous oxygen saturation following the Norwood procedure and childhood neurodevelopmental outcome. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2005; 130:1094-1100.
- Brosig CL, Hintermeyer M, Zlotocha J, Behrens D. An exploratory study of the cognitive, academic and behavioral functioning of pediatric cardiothoracic transplant recipients. Prog Transplant 2006;16:38-45.
- Brosig CL, Zahrt DM. Evolution of an inpatient pediatric psychology consultation service: issues related to reimbursement and the use of health and behavior codes. J Clin Psychol Med Settings 2006;13:425-429.
- Brosig CL, Mussatto KA, Kuhn EM, Tweddell JS. Neurodevelopmental outcome in preschool survivors of complex congenital heart disease: Implications for clinical practice. J Pediatric Health Care 2007;21:3-12.
- Brosig CL, Mussatto KA, Kuhn EM, Tweddell JS. Psychosocial outcomes for preschool children and families after surgery for complex congenital heart disease. PediatrCardiol 2007; 28:255-262.
- Brosig CL, Pierucci R, Kupst MJ, Leuthner S. Infant end of life care: the parents' perspective. J Perinatology 2007; 27:510-516.
- Brosig CL, Whitstone BN, Frommelt MA, Frisbee SJ, Leuthner S. Psychological distress in parents of children with severe congenital heart disease: The impact of prenatal versus postnatal diagnosis. J Perinatology 2007; 27:687-692.
- Kwon EN, Mussatto K, Simpson PM, Brosig CL, Nugent M, Samyn M. Children and adolescents with repaired Tetralogy of Fallot report quality of life similar to healthy peers. Congenital Heart Disease 2011; 6:18-27.
- Brosig CL, Olude O, Hoffmann RG, Bear L, Chin A, Dasgupta M, Mussatto K. Implementation of a Routine Developmental Follow-Up Program for Children with Congenital Heart Disease: Early Results. Congenital Heart Disease 2011; 6: 451-460.
- Brosig CL. The Use of Health and Behavior Codes in a Pediatric Cardiology Setting. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 2012; doi:10.1093/jpepsy/jsr125
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
9000 W. Wisconsin Avenue, MS 713
Milwaukee, WI 53201
Phone: (414) 266-2948
Fax: (414) 266-3261
Investigator in areas of: