Stuart Berger, MD
Medical director, Cardiology, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; professor, Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Medical degree, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1979; pediatric residency, University of Chicago, 1979-1982; fellowship, University of Chicago, Pediatric Cardiology, Neonatology, 1982-1985.
American Board of Pediatrics (Lifetime certification), 1984; American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatric Cardiology (Lifetime certification), 1985.
Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, 1975; Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, 1975; AOA Honor Society, 1990; Faculty Teaching Award, 1987; 1998-2007, selected for Best Doctors in America, Woodward/White Inc. publishers; Hero's Award, National School Nurses Meeting, Milwaukee (for the establishment of Project ADAM), 2000; awarded the Leigh Gabrielle Herma Endowed Chair in Pediatric Cardiology, the first endowed chair at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, 1995; AHA Award for Research; Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 2002; Resident Best Teaching Award, 2006.
Meet Dr. Berger and learn about the Herma Heart Center at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin by watching the following video:
- Tweddell J, Hoffman G, Fedderly R, Berger S, Thomas J, Ghanayem N, et al. Phenoxybenzamine Improves Systemic Oxygen Delivery after the Norwood Procedure. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 1999; 67:161-8.
- Tweddell JS, Hoffman GM, Mussatto KA, Fedderly RT, Berger S, Jaquiss RD, Ghanayem NS, Frisbee S, and Litwin SB. Improved Survival of Patients with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome: Lessons Learned from 115 Consecutive Patients. Circulation. 2002; Sep 24; 106 (12 Suppl 1): 182-9.
- Frommelt PC, Berger S, Pelech AN, Bergstrom S, Williamson JG. Prospective Identification of Anomalous Origin of the Left Coronary Artery from the Right Sinus of Valsalva: Importance of Color Doppler Flow Mapping. Pediatric Cardiology. 2001; 22, 4:327-332.
- Maron BJ, Thompson PD, Ackerman MJ, Balady G, Berger S, Cohen D, Dimeff R, Douglas PS, Glover DW, Hutter AM, Krauss MD, Maron MS, Mitten MJ, Roberts WO, Puffer JC. Recommendations and Considerations Related to Participation Screening for Cardiovascular Abnormalities in Competitive Athetes. Circulation. 2007; 115:1643-1655.
- Berger S. Sudden Cardiac Death in Children. Do we Really Know? Heart Rhythm. 2009; 6 (11):1623-1624.
- Berger S. Secondary Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death in Children and Adolescents. In PACES supplement, Berger S, Campbell R, and Karpawich P. PACES Journal. May 2009.
Herma Heart Center
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
9000 W. Wisconsin Avenue, MS 713
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 266-2434
Fax: (414) 266-3261
Investigator in areas of: