Cynthia G. Pan, MD
Medical director, Nephrology/Renal/Dialysis, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; professor, Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Kidney disease/urological disorders
Chronic renal failure, glomerulonephritis, hypertension.
Medical degree, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1979-1983; residency, Pediatrics, Women and Children's Hospital of Buffalo, N.Y., 1983-1986; fellowship, Pediatric Nephrology, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Ohio, 1986-1989.
The National Board of Medical Examiners, 1984; American Board of Pediatrics, 1987; American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatric Nephrology, 1991; American Board of Pediatrics–Pediatric Nephrology, re-certification, 1998; American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatric Nephrology, re-certification, 2005.
Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, 1979; Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 1982; Pediatric Intern of the Year, 1984; Senior Resident Teaching Award, 1986; Department of Pediatrics-Outstanding Teacher Honor Roll, 1991; Listed in "Guide to Top Doctors," chosen by physician peers and published by the Center for the Study of Services, Washington, D.C., 2000; Clinician's Clinician Award-Department of Pediatrics Peer/Staff Recognition Award for Excellence in Clinical Care, 2001; Completion of Medical College of Wisconsin/University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Faculty Leadership Development Course, 2001; Best Doctors in America® selection, 2003-2008; listed in "Best Doctors in America" -Best Doctors, Inc; Boston, MA , 2004-11.
- Pan CG, Strife CF, McAdams AJ, West CD. Activated C3, C3b in the Nephritic Glomerulus. Pediatric Nephrology. 1993; 7:379-386.
- Pan CG, Werlin S, Leichter HL. Hepatocellular Injury in Streptococcal Pneumoniae Associated Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome in Children. Pediatric Nephrology. 1995; 9(6):690-693.
- Pan CG, Bresnahan BA, Albrightson CR, Griswold D, Lianos EA. Cytokine Inhibition Preserves Renal Hemodynamic Function Following Mesangial Cell Injury. Journal of Investigative Medicine. 1996; 44(6):1-6.
- Pan CG. Glomerulonephritis in Children. Current Opinion in Pediatrics. 1997 Apr.; 9(2).
- VanDeVoorde RG, Barletta GM, Chand DH, Dresner IG, Lane J, Leiser J, Lin JJ, Pan CG, Patel H, Valentini RP, Mitsnefes MM. Blood Pressure Control in Pediatric Hemodialysis: The Midwest Pediatric Nephrology Consortium Study. Pediatric Nephrology. 2007; 22 (4):547-53.
- Pan CG. Evaluation of Gross Hematuria. In Pediatric Clinics of North America. Recent Advances in Pediatric Urology and Nephrology. H. Mesrobian, C. Pan (guest editors). W. B. Saunders Company, Pennsylvania. 2006; v 53:3, 401-412.
- Kapur G, Maheen A, Pan CG, Mitsnefes M, Chiang M, Matoo TK. Overweight and Stage 1 Hypertension in Children does not Preclude Secondary Hypertension - A Midwest Pediatric Nephrology Consortium Report. Journal Clinical Hypertension. 2010; 12 (1):34-9.
- Pan CG, Avner ED. Clinical Evaluation of the Child with Hematuria. In Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. RM Kliegman, BF Stanton, J St. Geme, N. Schor, RE Behrman (editors) 19th edition; Elsevier, Inc. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (in press).
- NIH, Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) Clinical Trial, principal investigator (local).
- NIH, Chronic Kidney Disease in Children, principal investigator (local).
- NIH, PROMIS Study: Health Literacy in Child and Adult Assessment: Expanded Testing of the Pediatric PROMIS (Patient Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System) Tool, principal investigator (local).
- A Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel, Placebo or Amlodipine-Controlled Study of the Effects of Losartan on Proteinuria in Pediatric Patients With or Without Hypertension; Merck and Co., Inc., principal investigator (local).
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
PO Box 1997
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1997
Phone: (414) 337-7140
Fax: (414) 337-7145
Investigator in the areas of: