Judyann C. Olson, MD
Program director, Rheumatology, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; associate professor, Pediatrics (Rheumatology), Medical College of Wisconsin.
Juvenile dermatomyositis, juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
Medical degree, Loyola University of Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, 1979; residency, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1980–1982; fellowship, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, 1984–1986.
National board, 1980; Pediatrics, 1984; Pediatric Rheumatology, 1992.
The Best Doctors in America, 1998, 2001, 2004.
- Sheth AP, Olson JC, Esterly NB. Cutaneous Polyarteritis Nodosa of Childhood. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 1994; 31:561-6.
- Zvulunov A, Olson JC, Carpenter D, Esterly N. Familial Scleroderma-like Deformity of the Fingers. Journal of the Amercian Academy of Dermatology. 1995; 33:302-305.
- Morrell DS, Challgren E, Nijhawan A, Olson J, Laumann A, Esterly NB. Two Cases for Diagnosis: Asymmetric Childhood Scleroderma or Stiff Skin Syndrome? Pediatric Dermatology. 2003; 20(4):350-55.
- Lovell DJ, Giannini EH, Reiff A, Jones O, Schneider R, Olsonm JC, Stein L, Gedalia A, Ilowite NT, Wallace CA, Burge DJ, Finck BK, Lange M for the Pediatric Rheumatology Collaborative Study Group. Long-term Efficacy and Safety of Etanercept in Children with Polyarticular-course Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. Arthritis and Rheumatism. 2003; 48(1):218-226.
- Olson JC. Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis: An Update. Wisconsin Medical Journal. 2003; 102(7):45-50.
- Psychosocial Factors, Quality of Life and Health Care Utilization in Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, principal investigator, 95/110, HRRC 09-96, Children's Hospital and Health System Foundation, 7/1/96-6/30/02.
- Safety, Population Pharmacokinetics and Efficacy of Recombinant Human Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor (P75) Fc Fusion Protein (TNF:Fc) in Children with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, principal investigator, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, 97/48, HRRC 174-97, Immunex Corporation, 7/1/97-5/31/98.
- Preserving Mobility of Juveline Rheumatoid Arthritis Children using Nocturnal TES, co-investigator, National Institutes of Health Grant #1 R29 A R4 5312-01, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, 9/20/97-8/31/03, CDFA# 93.846.
- A Proposal to Enhance the Care and Treatment of Children with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis and Related Diseases, principal investigator, Children's Hospital and Health System Foundation, 9/1/00-6/30/05.
- Registry of Biologic-response Modifier in Children with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, principal investigator, 6/1/01-5/31/05.
- Double-blind Randomized Placebo-controlled Study Comparing COX-2 Inhibitor in NSAID Children with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, co-investigator, 9/15/01–9/15/03.
- Genetics of Pediatric-onset Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, co-investigator, NIH IR01 AR45650, subcontract #H15990, subcontract from Children's Memorial Hospital, Chicago, awarded to James Nocton, MD, 8/2000–12/2005.
- Gene Expression in Pediatric Arthritis, co-investigator, NIH, subcontract from Cincinnati Children's Hospital, Ohio, awarded to Judyann Olson, MD, 7/1/2003–6/30/2008.
- Clinical Protocol for a Randomized, Double-blind, Multicenter, Active-controlled Parallel Group Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of COX-2 Inhibitor Compared to NSAID Suspension in Patients with JRA, co-investigator, 4/2003–4/2005.
Children's Research Institute
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 266-6700
Fax: (414) 266-6695
Investigator in the areas of: