David A. Margolis, MD
Program director, Blood and Marrow Transplant, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; associate professor, Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Aplastic anemia, blood and marrow transplant, immunotherapy.
Medical degree, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1985; residency, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1989-1992; fellowship, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1992-1995.
American Board of Pediatrics, 1992, 2000; Hematology/Oncology, 1996, 2002.
Phi Beta Kappa, Indiana University, Bloomington, 1985; Alpha Omega Alpha, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1988.
Meet Dr. Margolis and learn about the Blood and Marrow Transplant Program at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin by watching the following video:
- Margolis D, Camitta B, Pietryga D, Keever-Taylor C, Kupst MJ, French J III, Murray K, Lawton C, Truitt R, Pierce K, Garbrecht F, Flomenberg N, Baxter-Lowe LA, Casper J. Unrelated Donor Bone Marrow Transplantation to Treat Severe Aplastic Anemia in Children and Young Adults. British Journal of Haematology. 1996; 94:65.
- Margolis DA, Yassai M, Hletko A, McOlash L, Gorski J. Concurrent or Sequential Delta and Beta TCR Gene Rearrangement During Thymocyte Development: Individual Thymi Follow Distinct Pathways. Journal of Immunology. (Cutting Edge) 1997; 159:529.
- Margolis D, Casper J, Segura A, Janczak T, McOlash L, Gorski J, Fisher B, Miller K. Infiltrating T-cells During Liver GVHD Show a Restricted T-cell Repertoire. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation. 2000; 6:408-15.
- Epperson DE, Margolis DA, McOlash L, Janczak T, Barrett AJ. In Vitro T-cell Receptor V Repertoire Analysis Can Identify Which T-cells Mediate Graft versus Leukemia and Graft versus Host Responses After HLA-matched Sibling Bone Marrow Transplantation. British Journal of Hematology. 2001; 114(1): 57-62.
- Whelan HT, Connelly JF, Hodgson BD, Barbeau L, Post AC, Bullard G, Buchmann EV, Kane M, Whelan NT, Warwick A, Margolis D. NASA Light-emiting Diodes for the Prevention of Oral Mucositis in Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant Patients. Journal of Clinical Laser Medicine and Surgery. 2002; 20(6):319-24.
- Oretnas RJ, Schauer DW, Ellis FW, Casper JT, Margolis DA. Monitoring and Modulation of Epstein-Barr Virus Loads in Pediatric Transplant Patients. Pediatrics Transplantation. 2003; 7:305-314.
Children's Research Institute
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 456-4154
Fax: (414) 456-6543
Investigator in the areas of: