Bryon D. Johnson, PhD
Investigator, Children's Research Institute; associate professor, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Transplantation immunology, cancer immunotherapy, immune regulation, neuroblastoma, multiple myeloma, tumor vaccines, cellular therapies for cancer.
Doctorate, University of Health Sciences/The Chicago Medical School (now Rosalind Franklin University), North Chicago, 1989.
Best abstracts award at the American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation Annual Meeting, Miami, 1999; Ernest McCulloch and James Till Award for the best science article in Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplant by a new investigator at the ASBMT Annual Meeting, Anaheim, Calif., 2000; invited speaker at "Converging Therapies: The Role of Mixed Chimerism in Transplantation Tolerance and in the Treatment of Hematologic Malignancies" symposium, Boston, 2001; invited speaker at "Graft-versus-Host and Graft-versus-Leukemia Reactions 2002" international symposium, Munich, Germany, 2002; member, editorial board, Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation; ad hoc grant reviewer for the National Institutes of Health.
- Jing W, Gershan J and Johnson BD. Depletion of CD4 T Cells Enhances Immunotherapy for Neuroblastoma after Syngeneic HSCT but Compromises Development of Anti-Tumor Immune Memory. Blood. 2009; 113:4449.
- Cludts S, Decaestecker C, Johnson B, Lechien J, Leroy X, Kindt N, Kaltner H, Andre S, Gabius H-J and Saussez S. Increased Expression of Macrophage Migration Inhibitory Factor during the Progression Hypopharyngeal Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Anticancer Research. 2010; 30:3313.
- Kohler ME, Johnson BD, Palen K, Chen Q-R, Khan J, and Orentas RJ. Tumore Antigen Analysis in Neuroblastoma by Serological Interrogation of Bioinformatic Data. Cancer Science. 2010; 101:2316.
- Kohler ME, Hallett W.H.D., Chen Q-R, Khan J, Johnson BD and Orentas RJ. Early Expression of Stem Cell-Associated Genes within the CD8 Compartment after Treatment with a Tumor Vaccine. Cell. Immunol. 2010; 265:65.
- Hallett W.H.D., Jing W, Drobyski WR and Johnson BD. Immunosuppressive Effects of Multiple Myeloma are Overcome by PD-L1 Blockade. Biol of Blood and Marrow Transpl. 2011; 17:1133.
- Jing W, Yan X, Hallett W.H.D., Gershan JA and Johnson BD. Depletion of CD25' T Cells from Hematopoitic Stem Cell Grafts Increases Post-Transplant Vaccine-Induced Immunity to Neuroblastoma. Blood. 2011; 117:6952.
- Optimizing Immunotherapy for Neuroblastoma after BMT, National Institutes of Health/National Cancer Institute, principal investigator, 2009-2014.
- Translational Studies of Cell-based Vaccines for Childhood Cancer, The Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer Fund, co-investigator, 2007-2012.
- This is general research support awarded on an annual basis through MACC Fund contributions to the Midwest Children's Cancer Center, Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer (MACC) Fund, principal investigator, 2011-2012.
Department of Pediatrics, Hematology-Oncology
Medical College of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 955-4123
Investigator in the areas of: