Ronald N. Hines, PhD
Associate director, Children's Research Institute; professor and co-section chief, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Clinical Pharmacology, Pharmacogenetics and Teratology
Birth defects, environmental health, drug/toxicant metabolizing enzymes, pharmacogenetics.
Master of Science, RPMI Division, State University New York, Buffalo, 1976; Doctor of Philosophy, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, 1980; postdoctoral fellowship, University of Vermont, Burlington, 1983.
Visiting Professor Scholarship, Danish Cancer Society, Fibiger Cancer Research Institute, Copenhagen, Denmark, 1987; Wayne State University Board of Governors Distinguished Faculty Fellow Award, 1998; Zeneca Traveling Lectureship, 2001; March of Dimes Leadership Award in Research, 2005; Elected as Fellow, Academy of Toxicological Sciences, 2007.
- Koukouritaki SB, Poch MT, Henderson MD, Siddens LK, Krueger SB, VanDyke JE, Williams DE, Pajewski NM, Wang T and Hines RN. Identification and Functional Analysis of Human Flavin-Containing Monooxygenase 3 (FM03) Genetic Variants. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 2007; 320:266-273.
- Shadley JD, Divakaran K, Munson K, Hines RN, Douglas K and McCarver DG. Identification and Functional Analysis of a CYP2E1 Far Upstream Enhancer. Molecular Pharmacology. 2007; 71(6):1630-1639.
- Klick DE and Hines RN. Mechanisms Regulating Human FM03 Transcription. Drug Metabolism Reviews. 2007; 39(2-3):419-442.
- Hines RN, Koukouritaki SB, Poch MT and Stephens MC. Regulatory Polymorphisms and Their Contribution to Interindividual Differences in the Expression of Enzymes Influencing Drug and Toxicant Disposition. Drug Metabolism Reviews. 2008; 40(2):263-301.
- Kramer MA, Rettie AE, Rieder MJ, Cabacungan ET and Hines RN. Novel CYP2C9 Promoter Varients and Assessment of their Impact on Gene Expression. Molecular Pharmacology. 2008; 73(6):1751-1760.
- Hines RN. The Ontogeny of Drug Metabolism Enzymes and Implications for Adverse Drug Events. Pharmacology and Therapeutics. 2008; 118(2):250-267.
- Klick DE, Shadley JD and Hines RN. Differential Regulation of Human Hepatic Flavin-Containing Moonoxygenase 3 (FM03) by CCAAT/Enhancer-Binding Protein B (C/EBPB) Liver Inhibitory and Liver Activating Proteins. Biochemical Pharmacology. 2008, 76(2):268-278.
- Stevens JC, March SA, Zaya MJ, Regina KJ, Le M and Hines RN. Developmental Changes in Human Liver CYP2D6 Expression. Drug Metabolism Disposition. 2008; 36(8): 1587-1593.
- Pharmacogenetics of ADRS: Warfarin Toxicity, NIH, National Institute of General Medical Sciences, co-investigator.
- Regulation of Drug Metabolizing Enzyme Ontogeny, NIH, National Institute of General Medical Sciences and National Institute of Child Health and Development, principal investigator.
Children's Research Institute
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 955-4322
Fax: (414) 955-6651
Investigator in areas of: