Marc H. Gorelick, MD
Jon E. Vice Chair in Emergency Medicine, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; associate director, Children's Research Institute; professor, Pediatrics; chief, Pediatric Emergency Medicine; chief executive officer, Children's Specialty Group; senior associate dean, Clinical Affairs, Children's Specialty Group.
Clinical effectiveness and outcomes, environmental health, gastrointestinal diseases, health services, infectious/immunologic diseases, trauma, injury and violence.
Medical degree, Duke University, Durham, N.C., 1987; MSCE (Clinical Epidemiology), University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, 1996; residency, Children's National Medical Center, Washington, D.C., 1987-1991; fellowship, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, 1991-1994.
Pediatrics, Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
Alpha Omega Alpha. 1987; AI duPont Hospital for Children Faculty Teaching Award, 2000; Best Faculty Research Presentation, Ninth Annual Emergency Medicine Research Forum, Medical College of Wisconsin, 2001; Clinician's Clinician Award. Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, 2003; Faculty Teaching Award in Pediatrics, Department of Emergency Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, 2003; Best Doctors in American, 2006-present.
- Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC) Network Development Demonstration Project, Maternal and Child Health Bureau (subcontract from Cincinnati Children's Medical Center), principal investigator, David Brousseau, MD (site PI), co-investigator (2% effort).
- Microbial Community Profiles Identify new Indicators of Waterborne Pathogens, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID), Sandra McLellan, PhD, principal investigator, role consulting collaborator.
- Improving the Quality of Pediatric Emergency Care Using an Electronic Medical Record Registry and Clinician Feedback, Agency for Healthcare Research for Quality (AHRQ). subcontract from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Elizabeth Alpern, MD, MSCE, principal investigator, co-investigator (10% effort).
- Developing a State-Level Health Impact Assessment of Climate Change in Wisconsin, Centers for Disease Control, Henry Anderson, MD, principal investigator, co-investigator (7% effort).
- Impact of Emergency Department Prohiotic Treatment of Pediatric Gastroenteritis (pending), National Instituite of Child Health and Development, David Schnadower, MD, principal investigator, co-investigator (5% effort).
- Children's Environmental Health Sciences Core Center, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, David Petering, PhD, principal investigator, role Research Faculty (prn FTE).
Children's Specialty Group
Children's Corpiorate Center, Suite 740
PO Box 1997
999 N. 92nd Street
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1997
Phone: (414) 266-3456
Fax: (414) 266-1607
Investigator in areas of: