Peter C. Frommelt, MD
Pediatric cardiologist, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; professor, Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Cardiology, congenital heart disease, echocardiography, post-operative care.
Medical degree, University of Iowa School of Medicine, Iowa City, 1985; residency, University of California Los Angeles Medical Center, 1985-1988; fellowship, Pediatric Cardiology, C.S. Mott Children's Hospital, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, 1988-1991.
Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners, 1985; diplomate, American Board of Pediatrics, 1989; diplomate, American Board of Pediatrics-Subdivision of Pediatric Cardiology, 1991 and 1998.
Resident of the Year Award, UCLA Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, 1988; Outstanding Teacher of Medical Students, Medical College of Wisconsin, Department of Pediatrics, 1998; member, Public Relations Committee, American Society of Echocardiography, 2000; co-chairman and member, A Heart for Sports Advisory Board, American Society of Echocardiography, 2002; member, Peer Review committee for NHLBI RFA "Specialized Centers of Clinically Oriented Research in Pediatric Heart Development and Disease," 2003; chairman and member, Pediatric Program Committee, American Society of Echocardiography National Scientific Sessions, San Diego, Calif., 2004; principal investigator and director, NIH subcontract, Pediatric Heart Network, Single Ventricle Reconstruction Trial-2D Core Echo Lab, 2008; chair, Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease Council Board, American Society of Echocardiography, 2007.
- Frommelt PC, Frommelt MA, Jaquiss RDB, Tweddell JS. Prospective Echo Diagnosis and Surgical Repair of Anomalous Origin of a Coronary Artery from the Opposite Sinus with an Interarterial Course. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2003; 42:148-54.
- Tweddell JS, Pelech AN, Frommelt PC, Jaquiss RDB, Hoffman GM, Mussatto KA, Litwin SB. Complex Aortic Valve Repair Provides a Durable and Effective Alternative to Valve Replacement in Children with Aortic Valve Disease. Journal of Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery. 2005; 129(3):551-58.
- Peterson AL, Frommelt PC, Mussatto K. Presentation and Echocardiographic Markers of Neonatal Hypertensive Cardiomyopathy. Pediatrics. 2006; 118:782-5.
- Ghanayem NS, Jaquiss RDB, Cava JR, Frommelt PC, Mussatto KA, Hoffman GM, Tweddell JS. Right Ventricle-to-Pulmonary Artery Conduit Versus Blalock-Taussig Shunt: A Hemodynamic Comparison. Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2006;82:1603-10.
- Lai WW, Geva T, Shirali GS, Frommelt PC, Humes RA, Brook MM, Pignatelli RH, Rychik J. Guidelines and Standards for Performance of a Pediatric Echocardiogram: A Report from the Task Force of the Pediatric Council of the American Society of Echocardiography. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. 2006; 19:1413-30.
- Frommelt PC, Sheridan DC, Mussatto KA, Hoffman GM, Ghanayem NS, Frommelt MA, Tweddell JS. Effect of Shunt Type on Echo Indices after Initial Palliations for Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome: BT Shunt vs. RV-PA Conduit. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. 2007; 20:1364-73.
- Kutty S, Deatsman SL, Lockman JR, Frederice D, Rock H, Russell D, Miller E, Frommelt PC. Assessment of Regional Right Ventricular Velocities, Strain and Displacement in Normal Children Using Velocity Vector Imaging. Echocardiography. 2008; 25:294-307.
Herma Heart Center
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
PO Box 1997
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1997
Phone: (414) 266-6457
Fax: (414) 266-2294
Investigator in areas of: