David Bick, MD
Medical director, Genetics, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; professor, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Whole Genome Sequencing, DNA array, DNA microarray, DNA sequencing, genetic disorders, inherited diseases.
Medical degree, George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C., 1977-1981; residency, Yale New Haven Hospital, Conn., 1981-1984; fellowship, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn., 1984-1986; research fellow, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn., 1986-1987.
National Board of Medical Examiners, American Board of Pediatrics, American Board of Medical Genetics, Clinical Geneticist, Clinical Molecular Geneticist.
Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 1981; Medical College of Wisconsin, Department of Pediatrics Clinical Physician - Clinical Scholarship Award, 2006; MCW Outstanding Faculty Service Award, Medical College of Wisconsin, 2009; Best Doctors in America 2009-2010; MCW Outstanding Medical Student Teachers for 2009-2010; MCW Outstanding Faculty Service Award, Medical College of Wisconsin, 2011, Best Doctors in America, 2011.
- Kim HG, Ahn JW, Kurth I, Ullmann R, Kim HT, Kulharya A, Ha KS, Itokawa Y, Meliciana I, Wenzel W, Lee D, Rosenberger G, Ozata M, Bick, DP, Sherins RJ, Nagase T, Tekin M, Kim SH, Kim CH, Ropers HH, Gusella JF, Kalscheuer V, Choi CY, Layman LC. WDR11, a WD Protein that Interacts with Transcription Factor EMX1, is Mutated in Idiopathic Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism and Kallmann Syndrome. Am J Hum Genet. 2010; 87(4):465-79.
- Margaret M Samyn, David P Bick, John A Humphrey and Kimberly L Gandy. Successful Congenital Heart Surgery for a Toddler with Idiopathic Infantile Arterial Calcification. Pediatric Cardiology. 2010; 31:1096-1099.
- Lau EC, Janson MM, Roesler MR, Avner ED, Strawn EY, Bick DP. Birth of a Healthy Infant following Preimplantation PKHD1 Halotyping for Autosomal Recessive Polycystic Kidney Disease using Multiple Displacement Amplification. J ASS Repro Gene. 2010; 27:397-407.
- Mayer AN, Dimmock DP, Arca MJ, Bick DP, Verbsky JW, Worthey EA, Jacob, HJ, Margolis DA. A Timely Arrival for Genomic Medicine. Gen. Med. Dec. 16, 2010; [Epub ahead of print].
- Worthey EA, Mayer AN, Syverson GD, Helbling D, Bonacci BB, Decker B, Serpe JM, Dasu T, Tschannen MR, Veith RI, Basehore MJ, Broeckel U, Tomita-Mitchell A, Arca MJ, Casper JT, Margolis DA, Bick DP, Hessner MJ, Routes JM, Verbsky JM, Jacob HJ, Dimmock DP. Making a Definitive Diagnosis: Successful Clinical Application of Whole Genome Sequencing in a Child with Intractable Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Gen Med. Dec. 17, 2010; [Epub ahead of print].
- Xu N, Kim H, Bhagavath B, Cho S, Lee JH, Ha K, Meliciani I, Wenzel W, Podolsky RS, Chorich LP, Stackhouse KA, Grove AMH, Odom LN, Ozata M, Bick DP, Sherins RJ, Kim S, Cameron RS, Layman LC. Nasal Embryonic LHRH Factor (NELF) Mutations in Patients with Normosmic Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism and Kallmann Syndrome. Fertil Steril. Apr 2011; 95(5):1613-20.el-7. Epub Feb 15, 2011.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
9000 W. Wisconsin Avenue, MS 716
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 266-2979
Fax: (414) 266-1616
E-mail address: email@example.com
Investigator in areas of: