Peter Frommelt, MD
Return to Our Specialists page.
- Cardiology, Pediatric
- Pediatric Cardiology
- MD: University of Iowa, Iowa City, 1980-1985.
- Residency: University of California, Los Angeles (Pediatrics) 1985-1988.
- Fellowship: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (Pediatric Cardiology) 1988-1991.
- Pathology Extern, University Teaching Hospitals, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee.
- 1991-present: Director of Echocardiography Lab, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee.
- 1998 - present: Associate director, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee.
- 1999-present: Associate professor of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee.
- 1999-present: Director, Cardiology Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Program, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee.
- Michigan Chapter, American Heart Association Fellowship Grant, Principal Investigator 1991.
- Member, Ad Hoc Committee on Nomenclature of Cardiac Septa, American Society of Echocardiography.
- Member, Accreditation Committee, American Society of Echocardiography.
- Member, Public Relations Committee, American Society of Echocardiography.
- Co-chairman and member, A Heart For Sports Advisory Board, American Society of Echocardiography.
- 2003 member, Peer Review Committee for NHLBI RFA "Specialized Centers of Clinically Oriented Research (SCCOR) in Pediatric Heart Development and Disease" (RFA HL-02-027).
- 2003-2004 member, Pediatric Council Board, American Society of Echocardiography.
- 2004 chairman and member, Pediatric Program Committee, American Society of Echocardiography National Scientific Sessions, San Diego, Cal.
- Frommelt PC, Rochini AP, Bove EL. Natural history of apical left ventricular to aortic conduits in pediatric patients. Circulation 84(Suppl. III):III213-8, 1991.
- Frommelt PC, Snider AR, Meliones JN, Vermilion RP. Doppler Assessment of pulmonary artery flow patterns and ventricular function after the Fontan operation. Am J Cardiol 68:1211-15,1991.
- Frommelt PC, Lupinetti FM, Bove EL. Aortoventriculoplasty in infants and children. Circulation 86(Suppl. II): II76-80, 1992.
- Frommelt PC, Stuth EAE. Transesophageal echocardiography in total anomalous pulmonary venous drainage: Hypotension 2 to compression of the pulmonary venous confluence during probe passage. J AM Soc Echocardiogr 7:652-4, 1994.
- Frommelt PC, Dhala A. Kawasaki's Disease. Circulation 92:3366-7, 1995.
- Frommelt PC, Wilkins J, Tweddell JS, Litwin SB. Coarctation repair in infancy – adverse effects of patch angioplasty. J of Am Coll Cardiol 31:401A, 1998.
- Frommelt PC, Miller ME. Echocardiographic assessment of diastolic function in the pediatric patient. Pediatric Ultrasound Today 3(1):1-24, 1998.
- Frommelt PC, Lewis DA, Pelech AN. Intraoperative transgastric echo assessment during left ventricular outflow tract surgery: a reliable predictor of residual obstruction. Echocardiography 15:581-585, 1998.
- Fedderly RT, Berger S, Frommelt PC, Lewis DA, Dhala A, Pelech AN, Frommelt MA, Friedberg DZ, Thomas JP, Tweddell JS, Litwin SB. Advances in the care of children with heart disease. Wisconsin Medical Journal 47-50, 1998.
- Frommelt MA, Frommelt PC. Advances in echocardiographic diagnostic modalities. Ped Clinics of North America 46(2): 427-39, 1999.
- Berger S, Tweddell JS, Frommelt PC, Weinhaus L. Partial left ventriculectomy for dilated cardiomyopathy in a newborn. J of Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 117:1017-8, 1999.
- Frommelt PC, Friedberg DZ, Frommelt MA, Williamson JG. Anomalous origin of the right artery from the left sinus of Valsalva: Transthoracic echo diagnosis. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 12:221-4, 1999.
- Frommelt PC. Pulsed Doppler tissue imaging of mitral annular motion: A new technique in the non-invasive assessment of diastolic function. Progress in Pediatric Cardiology 10:75-82, 1999.
- Frommelt PC. Doppler tissue imaging in pediatric echocardiography. Pediatric Ultrasound Today 5 (7): 101-16, 2000.
- Tweddell JS, Pelech AN, Frommelt PC, Mussatto KA, Wyman JD, Fedderly RT, Berger S, Frommelt MA, Lewis DA, Friedberg DZ, Thomas JP, Litwin SB. Factor affecting the longevity of homograft valves utilized in right ventricular outflow tract reconstruction for congenital heart disease. Circulation 102:130-135, 2000.
- Frommelt PC, Berger S, Pelech AN, Bergstrom S, Williamson JG. Prospective identification of anomalous origin of left coronary artery from the right sinus of Valsalva: Importance of color Doppler flow mapping. Pediatric Cardiology 22:327-332, 2001.
- Frommelt PC, Whitstone EN, Frommelt MA. Experience with a DICOM-compatible digital pediatric echocardiography laboratory. Pediatric Cardiology 23:53-57, 2002..
- Frommelt PC, Ballweg JA, Whitstone EN, Frommelt MA. Usefulness of Doppler tissue imaging analysis of tricuspid annular motion for determination of right ventricular function in normal infants and children. Am J Cardiol 89: 610-613, 2002.
- Karpas A, Yen K, Sell L, Frommelt PC. Severe blunt cardiac injury in an infant: A case of child abuse. J Trauma 52: 759-764, 2002.
- Frommelt PC, Pelech AN, Frommelt MA. Diastolic dysfunction in an unusual case of cardiomyopathy in a child—Insights from Doppler and Doppler tissue imaging analysis. J Am Soc Echocardiogr16:176-181, 2003.
- Frommelt PC, Frommelt MA, Jaquiss RDB, Tweddell JS. Prospective echo diagnosis and surgical repair of anomalous origin of a coronary artery (AOCA) from the opposite sinus with an interarterial course. J Am Coll Cardiol 42:148-54, 2003.