Raymond Fedderly, MD
Return to Our Specialists page.
- Cardiology, Pediatric
- Pediatric Cardiology
- MD: University of Wisconsin (Madison, Wis.), 1984 - 1988.
- Residency: Baylor College of Medicine (Houston), Pediatrics, 1988 - 1991.
- Fellowship: Eastern Michigan University (Ann Arbor, Mich.), Pediatric Cardiology, 1991 - 1994.
- 1992-1994: Instructor, Introduction to the patient, University of Michigan Medical School.
- 1993-1994: Examiner, Introduction to the patient, University of Michigan Medical School.
- 1994-present: Assistant professor, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Medical College of Wisconsin.
- 1995-present: Co-director of pediatric Intensive Care, Medical College of Wisconsin.
- 1995- present: Director of Education within the Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Medical College of Wisconsin.
- 2002-present: Billing liaison between the Department of Pediatric Cardiology and the Medical College of Wisconsin and Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.
- 2003-present: Associate professor, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Medical College of Wisconsin.
- 1988-2000 American Medical Association.
- 1988-2000 American Academy of Pediatrics.
- 1991-present American College of Cardiology.
- 2000-present American Heart Association.
- 1999-present: The Annals of Thoracic Surgery.
- 1999-present: Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
- 2000-present: The American Journal of Cardiology.
Research grants, contracts, awards, projects
- Principal Investigator: Raymond T. Fedderly, A Study of the Safety, Tolerance and Efficacy of Palivizumab (MEDI-493, Synagis) For Prophylaxis of Respiratory Syncytial Virus in Children with Congenital Heart Disease; MI-CP048 PPD Development Medical College of Wisconsin, 11/01/1998-9/31/02 $122,320.
- Co- Investigator: Raymond T. Fedderly, Exercise tolerance in young children following repair of Hypoplastic left heart syndrome, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, 2003 present $6960.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin committees
- 1995-present: Quality Improvement Committee, Department of Pediatrics Cardiology.
- 1997-present: Capital Equipment Committee.
- 1999-present: Blood Usage Committee.
- Mendelsohn AM, Bove EL, Lupinetti FM, Crowley DC, Lloyd TR, Fedderly RT, Beekman RH. Intra-operative and percutaneous stenting of congenital pulmonary artery and vein stenosis. Circulation Vol. 88, No 5, Part 2 Nov. 1993.
- Lloyd TR, Fedderly R, Mendelsohn AM, Sandhu SK, Beekman RH. Transcatheter occlusion of patent ductus arteriosus with Gianturco coils. Circulation Vol. 88 No 4, Part 1, Oct 1993.
- Fedderly RT, Lloyd TR, Mendelsohn AM, Beekman RH. Determinants of successful balloon valvotomy in infants with critical pulmonary stenosis or membranous pulmonary atresia with intact ventricular septum. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, Vol 25, No 2, February 1995.
- Tweddell JS, Litwin Stuart Berger, MD, Berger S, Friedberg DZ, Thomas JP, Frommelt PC, Frommelt MA, Pelech AN, Lewis DA, Fedderly RT, Mussato KA, Kessel MW. Twenty Year Experience with Repair of Complete Artrioventricular Septal Defects; Ann Thoracic Surg 1996;62:419-24.
- Fedderly RT, Lloyd TR, Mosca RS, Bove EL, Beekman RH. Comparison of Hospital Charges for Closure of Patent Ductus Arteriosus by Surgery and Transcatheter Coil Occlusion; American Journal of Cardiology April 1996;77 776-79.
- Shim D, Fedderly RT, Beekman RH, Ludomirsky A, Young ML, Schork A, Lloyd TR. Follow-up after Coil Occlusion of Patent Ductus Arteriosus; Journal of the American College of Cardiology, June 1996.
- Tweddell JS, Berger S, Frommelt PC, Pelech AN, Lewis DA, Fedderly RT, et al. Aprotinin Improves Outcome of Single Ventricle Palliation; The Annals of Thoracic Surgery 1996;62:1329-36.
- Tweddell JS, Hoffman GM, Fedderly RT, Berger S, Thomas JT, Ghanayem NS, Kessel NW, Litwin SB. Phenoxybenzamine Improves Systemic Delivery Following Norwood Procedure; The Annals of Thoracic Surgery Jan 1999.
- Tweddell JS, Hoffman GM, Fedderly RT, Ghanayem NS, Kampine JM, Berger S, Mussatto KA, Litwin SB. Patients at Risk for Low Systemic Oxygen Delivery after the Norwood Procedure; The Annals of Thoracic Surgery 2000;69:1898-9.
- Fedderly RT, Whitstone BN, Frisbee SJ, Tweddell JS, Litwin SB. Factors Related to Pleural Effusions After Fontan Procedure in the Era of Fenestration; Circulation 2001;104:I-148-I-151.
- Tweddell JS, Hoffman GM, Mussatto KA, Fedderly RT, Berger S, Jaquiss RDB, Ghanayem NS, Frisbee SJ, Litwin SB. Improved Survival of Patients Undergoing Palliation of Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome: Lessons Learned From 115 Consecutive Patients; Accepted for Publication, Circulation 2002.
- Jaquiss R, Ghanayem NS, Hoffman GM, Fedderly RT, Cava JR, Mussatto KA, Tweddell JS. Early Cavopulmonary Anastomosis is Safe in Very Young Infants after the Norwood ProcedureÓThe Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery 2004;127:982-9.
- Stuth EE, Stucke AG, Fedderly, RT, Tweddell, JS. Complete Staged Palliation of Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome in a Child with Cystic Fibrosis; Pediatric Anaesthesia 2003;13 (4):345-348.
- Fedderly RT, Beekman RH. Balloon Valvuloplasty for Pulmonary Valve Stenosis. Journal of Interventional Cardiology, Vol 8, No 5, October 1995.
- Fedderly RT. Balloon Valvotomy for Valvar Pulmonary Stenosis. L'Information Cardiologique (in press).
- Fedderly RT, Berger S, Frommelt PC, Lewis DA, et al. Advances in the Care of Children with Heart Disease. Wisconsin Medical Journal 1998; Sept: 47-50.
- Fedderly RT. Left Ventricular Outflow Obstruction. Pediatric Clinics of North America 1999; Vol 46, No 2:369-384.
- Fedderly RT. EbsteinÕs Anomaly of the Tricuspid Valve; e-Medicine Journal August 2001:Vol 2 No. 8.
- Cava JR, Danduran MJ, Fedderly RT, Sayger PL. Exercise Recommendations and Risk Factors for Sudden Cardiac Death. Pediatric Clinics of North America 2004.