Scholarship Oversight Committee
Return to the Herma Heart Center Fellowship home page.
The committee will consist of the fellow, the fellow's primary mentor, and two additional individuals, at least one of whom is based outside of pediatric cardiology. In the event the program director is the fellow's primary mentor, an additional committee member will be assigned and the program director will participate as a non-voting member.
- Fellow's primary mentor, unless this is the program director.
- Pediatric cardiology faculty member(s).
- External member.
- Ad hoc members.
- Program director.
Committee members will be appointed by a joint decision between the section chief and program director, section of Pediatric Cardiology. One member will be assigned as chair of the committee.
- Approves proposed scholarly activity as meeting ABP guidelines.
- Determines the course of preparation required beyond the core curriculum to ensure project completion.
- Evaluates progress toward completion of the scholarly project
- Reviews fellow quarterly research report.
- Reviews fellow/mentor agreement document.
- Meets every six months, at a minimum.
- Evaluates the scholarly project via a formal presentation.
- Advises the program director of the fellow's progress toward completion of the scholarly project every six months.
- The committee chair signs the documents for the ABP attesting to completion of the scholarly project.