What can I do to help promote play in my child?
While all children are different and may enjoy different toys and interactions, the following are suggestions for aciivities and toys for the preschooler:
What you can do as a parent:
- Read to your child.
- Take trips to the park, beach and other places.
- Encourage play with other children.
- Regulate your child's television watching.
Toys for the preschooler:
- Toys that can be ridden.
- Small pool.
- Wagons and wheelbarrows.
- Trucks, cars and airplanes.
- Clothes in which to play dress-up.
- Doctor and nurse play equipment.
- Nails, hammer and saw.
- Play makeup and shaving supplies.
- Toys that play music.
- Art supplies.
||Click here to view related Web sites |
Return to the Growth and Development Home Page
Return to the Disorders, Diseases and Organ Topics Home Page