Together for Children conference
Times for each day of the conference:
April 5 (pre-conference sessions):
- Registration: 8 - 9 a.m.
- All day sessions: 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- April 6 (first day of conference):
- Registration: 7:30 - 8:45 a.m.
- Conference: 8:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- NOTE: Racial Disparities ends at 5:30 p.m.
- April 7 (second day of conference):
- Registration: 8 - 8:30 a.m.
- Conference: 8:30 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
This year we are pleased to announce Laura van Dernoot Lipsky as our keynote speaker for April 6. Her keynote presentation, Transforming Trauma – How to do this work and not completely lose our minds, offers an engaging conversation on the impact of continuous exposure to suffering or trauma. She will speak about the cumulative toll that the work we do can take. We will explore how to have awareness individually and collectively about this toll, and ways to sustain so that we can keep on keeping on.
April 7, Wisconsin Attorney General Brad Schimel will address "Issues Affecting Wisconsin Families."
The purpose is to improve prevention, treatment, investigation and prosecution of child abuse and neglect by providing knowledge and skills to address emerging issues, research questions and public policy changes in child welfare and child protection.
Our target audience is:
- Child abuse prevention personnel
- Child Advocacy Center personnel
- Child Protective Services
- Domestic Violence Center personnel
- Judicial officers and attorneys
- Law enforcement officials
- Medical and health professionals
- School personnel
- Social workers
- Therapists and psychologists